• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

East coast Honda meet 2012

All events, including my club's autocrosses, scheduled at Meadow Event Park have been cancelled. The owner, the State Fair of VA, went bankrupt and the lenders seized the property. Sucks.

Looks depressing. My "meets" are at track days.

One of the event coordinators is looking for more NSXs to attend the VIP section.

"Email 4 pictures, your name and a brief description of your car or bike to [email protected]. Our deadline is march 31."

I submitted my nearly stock 91, and got a response very quickly entertaining the idea of always looking for 'more of the beautiful machines.' Can't hurt to just shoot an email and see.

Looks like I am going to try an attend this year! Have it on my calender now!

I know it's early but maybe I can meet any of you coming up from Raleigh in Roanoke Rapids and we can rally in from there. Just a thought.

Look forward to seeing and meeting some of you guys.

Darrin

Anyone from NC Raleigh / Charlotte gong to this? I will be going early Saturday morning. It would be great to meet somewhere and rally up.

Of course I would be coming from the coast (New Bern) so we could meet in Rocky Mount.

Look forward to hearing from anyone that is going.

I'll be coming from Lynchburg, VA. I imagine any of the NC comers will be taking I-81 up? I could hitch along in the 81 Roanoke area... or you guys come right up through 460 and follow it right in to Richmond via 460/360 routes. Sheetz on Wards rd in Lynchburg is always usually a crowd gatherer and a nice break on the way to Richmond.

If this interests anyone let me know. I'm down to meet up!

I'll be coming from Lynchburg, VA. I imagine any of the NC comers will be taking I-81 up? I could hitch along in the 81 Roanoke area... or you guys come right up through 460 and follow it right in to Richmond via 460/360 routes. Sheetz on Wards rd in Lynchburg is always usually a crowd gatherer and a nice break on the way to Richmond.

If this interests anyone let me know. I'm down to meet up!

I'll be coming up 95 as I live on the coast in NC. I can either cut over to Rocky Mount then north up 95 and meet you in Roanoke or if no one from Raleigh wants to meet then I can cut straight across 903 (from Williamston through Halifax) and meet in Roanoke. What time were you thinking on meeting in Roanoke?

Whatever time works best for everybody works for me. I am only about 40 minutes from Roanoke. I know from past years a lot of people start arriving at ECHM around 11.

Whatever time works best for everybody works for me. I am only about 40 minutes from Roanoke. I know from past years a lot of people start arriving at ECHM around 11.

I did not realize that you are talking about Roanoke and I am talking about Roanoke Rapids on I-95. I guess that will not work for us to meet. I am sure I will see you at ECHM though.

If there is any one else traveling up I-95 on the way to ECHM, let me know and we can plan a time and place to meet. If not I look forward to meeting you guys there.

My plan is to get Richmond between 10-10:30 am. I am sure I will have to clean my car up after a 3+ hour drive.:biggrin:

I am a bit confused about this event.

The date is June 30th????? The thread sounds like it might be THIS weekend??

The early reference to a possible cancellation because the fairground owner went bankrupt????

Need Clarification - Thanks

I am a bit confused about this event.

The date is June 30th????? The thread sounds like it might be THIS weekend??

The early reference to a possible cancellation because the fairground owner went bankrupt????

Need Clarification - Thanks

John,

The event is June 30 in Richmond, VA at Richmond International Speedway. I have a confirmation email and take a look at the East Coast HONDA Meet facebook page and you can confirm there. It's a one day event. I am registered and in VIP as well.
I figure I am going to leaving New Bern around 6-7 am and get there around 10. I believe the event starts at noon.
The events original location was cancelled due the site closing therefor they had find another and of course that changed the date to June 30.
Hope that helps.

Darrin, thanks for the clarification.

I'll let you know if I can schedule this and if so will make plans to meet you up there.

John

John,

Sounds great! I think I will be leaving New Bern between 6-7 am. I take it everyone from Raleigh would be taking 85 ... correct? if you plan to take 95, let me know and we can meet in Rocky Mount (95/64 area) or Roanoke Rapids.
Hope you can make and if so ... look forward to seeing you there.

Darrin

Orr this of you going to the ECHM ... Gates open at 12:00 (noon) and the entrance to the event is at Gate 4, Richmond Speedway.

Hope to see you there!

Darrin,

Out of town this weekend - will not be able to make this event. Enjoy!!!

John

Back