• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eastern PA Enthusiast Request: Want A Closeup or Ride

Hello all. I've been browsing this forum for some time and have made posts here and there. I used to own three MR2s and loved them. I was an active and respected member and trader on the MR2OC.COM forums for years.

However, ever since I got into cars in high school, I've always loved the NSX. I've always wanted one and hopefully I will own one some day. Stinks that I'm 22 and not out of college yet, making $11 per hour. :mad:

But anyway, I live in Saylorsburg, PA. I'm about 25 mins away from the PA/NJ border (Phillipsburg, NJ). Are there any owners in this area that would be willing to let me look at their NSX one day, sit in one, or perhaps let me be a passenger during a spirited drive? :smile: I'm willing to travel an hour to see one up close and personal again ... I've only seen two on the highway and one parked at a gym in Flemmington, NJ.

Also, are there going to be any meets around here anytime soon?

Thanks in advance!

Check the northeast section for meets. There will be a huge meet coming up at Bridgewater Acura in the next few weeks. The first meet that we had there earlier this year had over 50 cars in attendance. There are a number of Pa/NJ members on this site near you ....Search is your friend.

If you feel like driving to Summit Point in July, 15-17 one of us will surely give you a spirited ride, if you can handle a few track laps. :wink:

Edgemts said:
If you feel like driving to Summit Point in July, 15-17 one of us will surely give you a spirited ride, if you can handle a few track laps. :wink:

I'm not familiar where Summit Point is, but I'd probably be willing to go for a ride. :smile:

Anyone live near Stroudsburg PA or Phillipsburg NJ? That's a close trip to see one. :biggrin:

CyberCT said:
I'm not familiar where Summit Point is, but I'd probably be willing to go for a ride. :smile:

Anyone live near Stroudsburg PA or Phillipsburg NJ? That's a close trip to see one. :biggrin:

Maybe you should wait for the guy at the gym to come out and you can ask him for a ride.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Check the northeast section for meets. There will be a huge meet coming up at Bridgewater Acura in the next few weeks. The first meet that we had there earlier this year had over 50 cars in attendance. There are a number of Pa/NJ members on this site near you ....Search is your friend.

I see a post for a Bridgewater Acura meet in August. Is that the one your talking about, or one closer.

Acura NsX Pilot said:

I take it your coming? :biggrin:

CyberCT said:

i'm a couple miles from you...pm & we'll get together.
in fact, i'll be in strouds sunday morn w/ a bud
get yer fix!!!!

CyberCT:
I'll be at Pocono International on Tuesday August 9th instructing with the Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club. They'll be using the north course. If you want a ride drop by. Mine is a spa yellow NSX. No screaming allowed.:)
You'll need a helmet to ride with me.

Last edited:
I'm about an hour from the NJ border and would be more than happy to take you for a spirited run. Don't get too down about the age and college thing. I'm 22, still in college and just put a deposit on a house and I'm not making that much more than you. You just have to search for "the right NSX". It took me a few months and I had to travel about 200 miles but it was worth it. Besides you only live once. :biggrin:

jalnjr said:
i'm a couple miles from you...pm & we'll get together.
in fact, i'll be in strouds sunday morn w/ a bud
get yer fix!!!!

Hi, what's up John. I called your cell but got no answer or voice mailbox. Thanks for the offer for tomorrow morning in Stroudsburg, but unfortunately I work all day tomorrow and possibly night. During the week I work 8-5, so if you're available anytime afterward that would be great. I'll try to call you later tonight.

Peter Mills said:
CyberCT:
I'll be at Pocono International on Tuesday August 9th instructing with the Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club. They'll be using the north course. If you want a ride drop by. Mine is a spa yellow NSX. No screaming allowed.
You'll need a helmet to ride with me.

Id definately be down for that, as the raceway is only 25 minutes or so from my house. We'll have to talke about it more as the time draws nearer.

Stunner said:
I'm about an hour from the NJ border and would be more than happy to take you for a spirited run. Don't get too down about the age and college thing. I'm 22, still in college and just put a deposit on a house and I'm not making that much more than you. You just have to search for "the right NSX". It took me a few months and I had to travel about 200 miles but it was worth it. Besides you only live once.

It's good to see someone that can relate to my situation. Enough money to put a down payment on a house and own an NSX while making nearly as much as me ... how did you do it? :eek: Sounds great. By the time I graduate college in December 2005 I should have about $23,000 saved up in the bank. Unfortunately it's not enough and I'll have to search for "the right job" before the right nsx, but it'll be a day to remember once it happens. :biggrin: I'd be down to meet you too sometime after 5 during the week. Wish I still had my last MR2 for weather like this.

cyberct...saw you called, but was in nyc@ spamalot :biggrin:
talked to your mom, told her nsx are better than sex....
she was not amused.... :redface:

we'll set up a time mon/weds/fri nites may work b'tween scheds.

Back