• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

eBay NSX with intercooler but NO FI JH4NA1156PT000630

Re: eBay NSX with intercooler but NO FI

Its not like he just put it on there for looks. If you read the auction it says he was expecting a supercharger but it just didnt happen. I have seen MUCH worse.

It sounds like the guy has bought quite a few nice parts for the car..ie. Brembos, tranny, exhaust, harness bar, ect. It also sounds like he was prepping the car for a nice FI system that didnt happen. While the big wing and stickers might lend a ricer look, I dont get the impression that that is how the car stayed most of the time. Its actually too bad he is not selling any of the parts, b/c I would go for some. To each their own I guess :cool:

Have to disagree with your prognosis Dr. Steve.
Looks like it was all sincerely stated - no false claims of anything the I/C would do. As SNDSOUL says, lots of real goodies on there. I think this would be a great car for someone planning that next step (FI).
Definitely I would consider it a bargain at the initial bid price.

I think its a pretty neat car (if you loose the goofy wing :eek: )
Hell of a deal if it goes for anything under 30k. :biggrin:

I think it is a very nice car, it would looks so much nicer without all the stickers and replacing the front lip, wing with oem items and adding supercharger or turbo to make good use of that shinning intercooler would be a huge plus.

>Note: I have 4 box's of OEM stuff, everything I have OEM goes with the car.
At least the seller does have oem items.

The hatch is functional if the new owner adds turbo or supercharger, so it is a keeper, should look nicer painted black.

The photos don't all match guys. Rear ends are different from photo to photo. Interior differs in photos. Perhaps they were taken at different times, perhaps they are different cars..... :rolleyes:

Well, its on!
Someone is in @ 26k.
Bet it goes higher! :smile:

On 2nd thought, bidder has one auction under his belt
and their both from Fla.
Could be nothing, but all the B.S on E-gay has me
2nd guessing almost every auto auction. :mad:

Well Guys! That's why I don't post on the NSX site as everyone is so fast to jump on stuff like it's a scam or something...

That's one of my NSX's...

At least I've put my money where my mouth is to help bring some publicity to the NSX community...I ran the Cannonball One Lap of America in that NSX in 2002 and won first in class this year (2005) in another NSX...info on Car & Driver August Issue.

I don't think it's rambling to try and explain each mod that is on the car and give enough information to potential buyers so they feel comfortable to buy it...

The pic's posted on EBAY show the car @ HIN and other shows for my sponsors or during the One Lap which is the only time stickers were on the car....The pic's without stickers show how it is now for sale...ditto on the CF seat shots and OEM seats..

Anybody remember when the Boostzilla didn't make it to market? Well, I was waiting to get one of the first ones to run in this NSX for One Lap but it didn't happen. Since I paid $2400 entrance fee, plus several thousand set aside for expenses, I ran it NA with a few other perks and got my @#$ kicked by Vipers/996's/Vipers.

At least I tried.

At any rate, It's a shame that so many in our NSX community have become so negative and fly off with post like this...

That NSX is a steal with all the mods and OEM stuff included...The OEM stuff can be put back and and mods sold.

I just don't want to deal with the typical NSX community buyer on selling anything...That's why I did a starting price of 26K$, no reserve and stuck it on EBAY.

My local buddies Brent Cobb and the DAL guys can attest to the condition I keep all my NSX's and other exotics in, but you don't see them posting on Prime much anymore either...

That's why I don't share info like all the technology that's gone into my track only NSX. Appearing in One Lap 2006.

Regards,

Jon York

Last edited:
Hey White NSX's,

Since I have OEM parts that go with car and all mods are plug and play to OEM locations...Why did you say I trashed it?

Your NSX (per profile) and the NSX I'm selling on EBAY have Comptech Headders, Japan short gears/R&P, Non OEM wheels, Non OEM exhaust, Non OEM sways....

Yet I'm a ricer?

Jon

Last edited:
Romeydidastinky said:
The pic's posted on EBAY show the car @ HIN and other shows for my sponsors or during the One Lap which is the only time stickers were on the car....The pic's without stickers show how it is now for sale...ditto on the CF seat shots and OEM seats..
That makes sense then. I was uncertain on why the differences with photos and it made me question the integrity of things. My confusion no longer exists. :smile:

Last edited:
Romeydidastinky said:
Hey White NSX's,

Since I have OEM parts that go with car and all mods are plug and play to OEM locations...Why did you say I trashed it?

Your NSX (per profile) and the NSX I'm selling on EBAY have Comptech Headders, Japan short gears/R&P, Non OEM wheels, Non OEM exhaust, Non OEM sways....

Yet I'm a ricer?

Jon
I wouldnt sweat it Jon, as I stated earlier, it looks like you've put some big money into that car and the mods on it. I have a friend that is looking at your car heavily, but I think he is waiting until the last minute to make a bid. Good luck with your sale.

No problem with you SNDSOUL....you're initial post indicates to me you are not one of those guys that jumps on something with a negative twist just because others do.

I think the realistic ones realize to compete with what's out there on the track in unlimited classes, a Comptech, Basch or current NSX turbo system was/is not an option at this time.

The White NSX I'm selling has been replaced by my track NSX with different engine platform....I'm using funds from the sell of the EBAY NSX to partial support the 2-3 Honda products that will compete in One Lap 2006...

Jon

There is no ACURA.

Romeydidastinky said:
Hey White NSX's,

Yet I'm a ricer?

Jon
Jon,
I am sorry if I hurt your feeling. It is nothing personal. To me there is nothing wrong with modding the car as long as the mods do what they are supposed to do. I agreed that you have put a lot of work on your car and it does have a lot of nice parts on it. What caught my eyes was the fact that the car has all these plumbing/intercooler, bits and pieces that made the car look like a FI but in fact not. Despite your reasons, the bottomline is that the car is an NA car but carrying the extra 50lbs dead weight of plumbing. My feeling is that, one needs to either do it right or not doing it at all. My "riced-out" comment is mainly towards that aspect. If we see a lesser NA car regardless if it is a CRX or Civic with all these FI equipment and pieces sans the actual turbo/SC, we will no doubt call it a rice car. Sadly, it is indeed a very prevelant practice among ricerockets, to mod the cars that make the cars LOOK more potent than they really are. So your car will need a lot of work to make it "right". Either to remove all these unnecessary parts or install an actual FI. Secondly, the wheels do not appear to be the correct Tecnos but please correct me if I am wrong. They look like,to me, the cheapy Tecnos that Discount Tires used to sell which are not in correct sizes and offsets for the NSX. Then, you pointed out the paint flaw from a sticker, a crack from a model's butt, non-working antenna, and a few areas that will need attentions but you gave the reasons of why they were trivial and you did not plan to fix them. It gave me the impressions of rambling. So from reading your ad and pictures, I got a mental picture of a car that has many areas that need works including painting a door and God knows how many more areas that need paint works under all the other stickers when you remove them, getting correct wheels, new antenna, finding a cat to pass smog, unbolting all the FI plumbing, seats that appear different in different pictures, fixing the hood and a few others. I apologize for hurting your feeling and perhaps too harsh on your car. But the car did come off that way to me as a casual browser on eBay. There is currently another car on Prime that has spinners and a wing, and everyone is jumping up and down giving it big thumbs down. I thought that car only needs an hour of labor to make it decent again.
So please don't take it personally. Truce.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Long ad with absolute trash talking/rambling. Another riced-out trashed example. :rolleyes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...iewItemQQcategoryZ5337QQitemZ4570324382QQrdZ1
Steve

Steve,

I'm the one that posted this car in the NSXs for sale thread. Jon and I have worked together on this car and showed it at HIN. I guess you didn't read the description and don't know anything about the car... so why are you bad mouthing it? I really find your comment offensive.

BTW: I am also one of your HID customers and find your customer service awesome, but this kind of ignorant message really sucks coming from you..

Alient :mad:

Steve,

Those are TECNOs sold by DALI, custom powder coated at my expense in the correct sizes and offset for the NSX's..I have all receipts...

I don't know why you would think they are not...I run 17''s front 17's rear..

MJ even has a pic of my wheels to show different powdercoat options on his site...last time I looked...

As for the non FI...I did the work as stated pending a SC that was capable of higher boost then a Comptech which I believe you run...not many options in summer of 2002...Boostzilla didn't happen...I moved on to other engine platforms

I take it you are not going to bid....

Jon

I wish you put it up on the market 1 1/2 years ago. I had a bad experience with E-bay about my NSX. But one bad apple does not deter me from going back again. Anyway, as an update my baby, it needs little more work and is slowly coming up into shape. After spending nearly 10K it starts kicking ass.

Romeydidastinky said:
Well Guys! That's why I don't post on the NSX site as everyone is so fast to jump on stuff like it's a scam or something...

That's one of my NSX's...

At least I've put my money where my mouth is to help bring some publicity to the NSX community...I ran the Cannonball One Lap of America in that NSX in 2002 and won first in class this year (2005) in another NSX...info on Car & Driver August Issue...

Hi there! Like I had said in an earlier post, I think your car is pretty interesting and I am really eager to see how much it brings on Ebay. I too have run the One Lap of America and can attest to what it takes to be competitive, and I applaud you for that effort and for running the NSX.

Do not sweat it when people talk trash. I have had to listen to my fair share of it as well from people that think I am mentally whacked for actually driving my cars as much as I do, and for not really caring how many miles my NSX's get, or for actually setting a goal of putting 500,000 miles on one of them. Some people take themselves and their cars too seriously to have fun with them....blow it off and enjoy the ride. Good luck with your sale my friend. I would buy your car in a heartbeat if I had the cash. :)

Curious if there is going to be a Flurry at the end?
Generally E-bay does not seem to bring top dollar for cars,
but as I mentioned in an earlier post, anything under 30k
would seem to be a great deal.
($28.2 / 2 hrs to go)

Last edited:
FWIW...i bought it for alittle more than 30K and concedering the relitivly low miles, the cool story of the car and the piles of extra stuff that i get to play with that jon is including i feel i got a fair deal. Regardless of what others say.

MCM said:
Curious if there is going to be a Flurry at the end?
Generally E-bay does not seem to bring top dollar for cars,
but as I mentioned in an earlier post, anything under 30k
would seem to be a great deal.
($28.2 / 2 hrs to go)

I think you got a great deal. :wink:
What are your plans for it?
Several ways to go with that car.
If you can wrench on it, its an even better deal.
To those who can't (like many here) , it would be a break even deal.
On the 2ndary market you have $10k+ in used aftermarket parts.
But to return to stock at $100.00 an hour at a dealership
it slims down a bit.
Anyway, congrats on the car!
Will be interested in following its progress in the future.
Keep us posted! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back