• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine hatch indicatorlight problem

The instrument panel warning system of door/lids ajar has a red light for the engine compartment hatch that won't turn off. I have adjusted the pin that actuates the switch, checked the switch and confirmed it has proper continuity in the on/off postitions and cleaned all the contacts. Any ideas?

Re: Engine hatch indicator light problem

When the indicator is on, it requires a "ground" via the switch to activate it - i.e. when the hatch is open, the switch is closed - when the hatch closes, it should open the switch and the led should turn off. If you are sure the switch itself is opening/closing (both for switch operation & adjustment), then perhaps you have a shorted wire to ground on the cct side.
I haven't looked to see if there's a connector to the switch - if you can disconnect/unplug it, then the indicator should go out as the only place it should be able to get the ground is via the switch. If the led goes out, then either your switch is bad or poorly adjusted; if it stays on, you have a shorted wire.

Back