• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[EOI] OEM Quality RHD Double Din Center Console

Hello Nsxprimers,

My name is Lee a long time lurker, first time poster from Sydney. This is my fourth year ownership of a 92 NSX which I am in the process of restoring/updating to bring it back to its former glory.

I’ve been burnt twice trying to locate a RHD double din center console that will fit 100%. The first purchase was from US the workmanship was poor carbon was not layered straight, there was signs of high/low spots in the gel coat and fitment was terrible. Second purchase was from Yahoo Japan at first sight I thought it was an OEM console that had been modify but when it arrived it was actually made out of fiberglass, the console finish looked great but sadly that cannot be said for fitment. To some it may have been alright but I’m a perfectionist and needless to say I toss them both into the bin.

If I was going to get the OEM finish and fitment I needed to have it made myself, I knew my uncle is in the plastic moulding injection industry and actually has factories in Taiwan & Vietnam. So I’ve reached out and he has agreed to help me do a production run at TRADE COST. I did a bit of research locally and sent off a few emails to local companies in Australia and no one can even come close in regards to pricing. The prices were out of this world I don’t know how they can afford to still be in business.

Here’s the deal I need to secure 10 people@ $650AUD to get things rolling the production will take 6-8weeks from start to finish and the whole process will be documented. This price does not include postage whatever postage cost is, it will be evenly divided amongst us. I would say $50PP will cover for postage give or take.

This is a one off production, I’m not a business and I have no intention to sell for profit. If I can’t secure 10 people then so be it but if we do what you will receive is an OEM quality double din console that will fit 100% as a promise.

Express your interest below or send me a PM if you have any questions.

Lee

Last edited:
Hi Lee, welcome to prime !

Can I offer you a couple of pointers ... NSX prime has rules and one is that items being offerred for sale must be put in the Marketplace section. You may not think you're a real vendor, but them's the rules.

Also - did you notice there is already an active thread on RHD Double DIN consoles in this Australia section? Maybe that's why you're getting lots of views but no replies.

Hi Lee, welcome to prime !

Can I offer you a couple of pointers ... NSX prime has rules and one is that items being offerred for sale must be put in the Marketplace section. You may not think you're a real vendor, but them's the rules.

Also - did you notice there is already an active thread on RHD Double DIN consoles in this Australia section? Maybe that's why you're getting lots of views but no replies.

Thank you for those pointers, I will move my thread to Marketplace as suggested to complied with the rules. Just in case you haven't notice there is also countless "For sale" threads in the Australia section you may want to offer some pointers there too.

In regards to the other thread OP is already working with an active vendor to offer a product made out of carbon fiber/fiberglass. If I was to post in that thread there is a good chance OP/vendor will take offence.

OK cool, makes sense.

I think it's OK to post in Marketplace and then add a pointer thread here, to ensure you get attentions of Aussie NSX crowd.

Back