• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Epinions NSX reviews

I just finished reading all the reviews (and review comments) of the NSX at Epinions (yes, it's a slow day at work). It's interesting to read what other people think of the car:

http://www.epinions.com/search/?submitted_form=searchbar&searc h_string=nsx&tax_name=Cars&search_vertical=t160067

Some of the more interesting reviews (IMO):

Crappy review from non-NSX owner and a good rebuttal

A dentist's not-so-great review (and his equally poor written review of his Viper GTS)
icon13.gif

Funny review

Some dude that burned out the clutch on his car learning to drive manual

A really good, in-depth review
icon14.gif

Some odd
confused.gif
reviews:

Um dude, this is an NSX, not an Integra??

4 speed 252 hores? Where can I get me some of those
biggrin.gif

A guy that rolled his Integra so now he prefers straightline acceleration to handling?

Snobby review ("Cons: It's still a Honda regardless of how it's packaged") whatever...

Common gripes (no surprises here):
-maint/parts too expensive (compared to what??)
-underpowered
-tire wear
-high MSRP
-trunk space (what are these people thinking?)
-bose (need I say more)

Conclusion: NSX is the car for true sports car enthusiasts
icon6.gif

Warning: Some of these reviews really got my blood pumping, and I'm all wired to take my NSX for a spin!
icon14.gif

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 10 January 2003).]

What exactly was snobby review guy trying to say? I like the fact that its a Honda, but I don't like that its a Honda. I get so tired of people saying Honda's have no soul or their boring. Honda is one of a few companies that "get it", that is have the ability to produce a reliable and fun to drive car at a great price. My 8 yo Accord has 153K on it and I realistically expect to get another "stranded free" 100K out of it. How many 626, Taurus, or Impala owners can say that? Furthermore, I wonder how many owners of Italian or German exotics are getting consistent 100K+ practically trouble free mileages out of their probably poor value holding autos.

Finally one point you can underline, bold, whatever. Compare the interior of the 91' NSX, 91' 911, 91' Testarossa, hell even a 91'-03' Vette/Cobra/Viper. Man I hope they'll be another next gen-NSX with Enzo's performance and 360's looks, maybe even SC 430's interior.

I read that funny review b/f and even got a laugh out of it a second time. Anyone done seen any new b!*tcin Camaro mullets on www.mulletsgalore.com lately?

My uncle has 219K miles on his '89 Legend! Some small problems are showing up though but it still runs. Although not much life is left, probably at best, 15-25K miles before the engine is dead. I still think Honda has among the best engineers, but the company is somewhat conservative now.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
This says otherwise:

351792.jpg

That thing is soo ugly. Why all the plastic on the bumbers and sides, reminds me of the potiac aztec yyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkk but squared off. This is only my opinion, I really dont like trucks, suvs unless honda would build one like the caddy escalade sweet.

Unlike the Aztek, I think the Element's designers were making it intentionally ugly in a funky kind of way. Also making it extremely utilitarian... for the surfer set, anyway.

I never said it was good looking or that I wanted one, only that it's not conservative.

I love the snobby guys. They're idiots. I love telling people my car is a Honda. It totally screws with their minds. I pulled up at a drive-through 2 days ago and I got, "Wow is that a Ferrari?!!!" Nope. It's a Honda. "What?!! No Way!!!" I love doing that. People have no idea what Honda is capable of creating.

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black NSX
HID - Autolamps
Wheels - HRE 448Rs - 18x8, 19x10
Tires - Pirelli PZero Rossos
Springs - Eibach ProKits
Shocks - Bilstein