• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ermm...

What would a `97 NSX in good condition probably worth in 5 years (2007)?

------------------
'96 Ford Ranger: 0-60 in 3 seconds :D...... on wet road. :(

Originally posted by Zuerst:
What would a `97 NSX in good condition probably worth in 5 years (2007)?

Best guess: Same thing as a '92 in good condition is worth now.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Best guess: Same thing as a '92 in good condition is worth now.

Assuming that the 2nd generation NSX won't de-value the first generation NSX, wouldn't the `97 be a tad more expensive since of the more powerful engine and higher MSRP 88,000 vs 64,000?

Also 1270 produced in '92 with only 338 produced in '97. The more limited production may help keep the price for used NSX's higher. Operative word - may. Much depends on the next model and/or the interest of people wanting NSX's. Impossible to predict. But every year there are fewer NSX's available - not only new ones but used as well. Those that are wrecked, abused, stolen, or modified beyond repair (chopping for convertibles, non-factory T's, etc.) make a well-kept NSX much more rare. A well-kept NSX with verifiable history and service record will always fetch a premium as long as there are people who appreciate the car for what it is.

------------------
BobsYT
2000 Red/Black #81

Originally posted by Zuerst:
Assuming that the 2nd generation NSX won't de-value the first generation NSX, wouldn't the `97 be a tad more expensive since of the more powerful engine and higher MSRP 88,000 vs 64,000?

I don't think so, no. Especially in light of current prices for the '97.

But if you think it will be worth more, your guess may be just as good as mine.

I would actually think the value of a 97 would be higher than the current value of a 92 for 2 reasons:

1. As stated before, there were a lot more 92s made than 97s.

2. There seems to be a lower limit on how much an NSX will depreciate. For example, I don't think a clean 91 will ever sell for less than $15,000. A comparable 92 will always be worth more than a 91, 93 over 92 etc. A 95+ targa should be worth more than a 94 without, and a 97+ targa should be worth more than the 95. If you pick what you think the lowest a 91 will ever be sold for, then add in for each newer year, targa and newer engine, I would think you would end up with a higher value. (this assumes comparable cars in terms of condition and mileage)

Therefore, IMHO, I think the 97s will be worth more than the current value of a 92. Then again, who knows???

Back