• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Error code 0330 FIC ODB2

Does anyone have experience with a 0330 error code?
Car is a 97 3.3 low compression with a BBSC 8 lbs boost wit a FIC.
The car had no error code for 10,000 miles then started above 5000 RPS under acceleration. Now it just comes on under easy driving conditions
I am told this could be a bad knock sensor.
Is there any way to test the knock sensor?
Any other suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Thanks

How does your engine sound?

Thats an error code for the front knock sensor. You can check it by switching the rear one with the front. If rear knock sensor code P0325 comes up after you switch them, then you will know you have a bad knock sensor.

edit: C-speed hit post reply before I did

Last edited:
Can you tell me the easiest way to switch the sensor wires from the front bank to the back? Are they accessible at the motor? Are they easier jumped at the computer? The motor sounds perfect. I can't hear any detonation. It runs perfectly smooth. It just trips the code. I don’t run it hard. It will come on as soon as it hits v tech. You can accelerate as hard as you want below 4500 rpms. After killing one motor to detonation I am a little gun-shy..
Happy Easter

It can be difficult to reach to knock sensors on the engine. Looks like they are located in the valley of the engine under the intake manifold. On the ECM side. It should be terminal 'D"

Terminal D2 on the computer should be Rear Knock Senor -Red/Blue wire
Terminal D13 should be Front knock sensor - white wire.
Pin 2 and 13 are on top of eachother.

This is on the 22 pin terminal on the ECM.

I don't like to remove and relocate these wires because you have a risk of damaging the whole wire harness connector.

Just to finish up this thread. The dealer replaced the sensor for free. It was quoted at $900 for repair. Because it is an emission issue N/C

The Error code was correct. I had them put the second sensor in while they were under the intake.

Back