• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Everyone, please answer this question

Have you driven your NSX into Drive-thrus??

If so, specify which fast food restaurant
biggrin.gif

Sorry, I'm too tempted to ask

[This message has been edited by Jeffry (edited 31 August 2002).]

Sure, why not? If I can't reach the window, I throw them my money and they throw me my food. Sometimes I miss and hit them on the forehead with the quarters, dimes, etc. Sometimes they miss and a gooey burger lands on my roof. No biggee, just like the drive-thru eatery, there is a drive-thru car wash just around the corner. But there's always walk-in service.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by AndyVecsey (edited 31 August 2002).]

I go eveerywhere even a STarbucks....alot of In N OUt.....my GF hates it because most are younger teenagers and almost ALWAYS say something when I come through she makes me go on the driver side all the time =)

Burger King, twice. On both ocassions, they told me they had never seen a car like mine go through their drive-thru ever before.

This is a great thread
biggrin.gif

I always end up going in, partially to avoid the awkward scenario where you have to get out of the car to get your food, only to find out the door is too wide to open and have to pull up to the waiting area just so you can get your order
wink.gif

The other reason is having the car smell like hamburgers/tacos the next day
smile.gif

I can recall going to a few Mc-DayDays.

It makes it easier with the roof off.

If anything, it's not that the height of the window bothers me, it's that the turns are pretty tight and I don't want to scuff my wheels on a curb.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I eat like crap so I am always at a drive thru
biggrin.gif

My favorite is the local "Alberto's" The drive thru window is sooooo tall the I have to open the door part way to get my food
smile.gif

Its too funny!

Originally posted by TheSwishh:
I eat like crap so I am always at a drive thru
biggrin.gif

My favorite is the local "Alberto's" The drive thru window is sooooo tall the I have to open the door part way to get my food
smile.gif

Its too funny!

Alberto's??? is that the mexican food place with the monster burritos??

I dont eat fast food (it slows MYNSX..too much extra weight.)I do go to drive thru's if it's for my passenger or for a drink or when traveling.
MYNSX in AZ w/ MYNSX x2

Alberto's is some good grub. They do have some monster burritos there. I used to eat at the one on Miramar Rd across from the Miramar base. there's all kinds of 'bertos food places in san diego: alberto's , roberto's , juanberto's , etc...

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
Twice.

Funny... to both places mentioned above.

Wendy's and Taco Bell!

Only been to drive thru once. The place? Taco Hell....er..I mean Taco Bell.

Funny, a few days after that one drive thru at TB I found a fast food joint receipt dated as far back as mid 1999 that was stuffed in one of the seat's back pocket (I found it while cleaning my interior). Ironically enough, guess where the 1st owner had been visiting for his fastfood craving? Yep, you guessed it! It was from TB also.

Small world indeed.....!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 03 September 2002).]

I went to Citibank ATM drive thru and was cussing the lights out because I could not reach the stupid machine. Then I saw the buttons that controls the height of the ATM...duh. But even at the lowest setting, it's a stretch to access it.

You guys don't mean to imply that you actually EAT in your NSX, do you?
confused.gif

I dont even like to bring takeout food home in the passenger compartment!

No one has ever eaten, drank, smoked (or even chewed gum) in my NSX since I have owned it.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I've been known to use the drive-thru at McD's from time-to-time (actually started some interesting conversations from the McD's workers...they asked everything from what kind of car and how much it cost to what I did for a living and if they could have a job where I work).

I think I've grabbed some In-and-Out burgers in the NSX as well.

And, no, I would NEVER eat (or drink anything other than water) in my NSX (or my wife's Lexus for that matter). In fact, I always put the fast food bags on my lap (greasy bags are not exactly something I'd want to set on the leather seats or my nice Zanardi floor mats).

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 04 September 2002).]

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
You guys don't mean to imply that you actually EAT in your NSX, do you?
confused.gif

I dont even like to bring takeout food home in the passenger compartment!

No one has ever eaten, drank, smoked (or even chewed gum) in my NSX since I have owned it.

That one trip to Taco Bell in my Z, I did NOT eat my lunch in it. I was on the way back home, was pretty hungry and happened to pass by the joint so I said to myself what the heck.
Also I never smoke in it. I did, however, drank (my bottle H2O), and still drink in my Z. Does that count as a criminal offense?
wink.gif

AS far as the previous owner goes, I have no idea what he did in it. But I never smell anything but the nice leather/almost new car smell and sees no stains on the upholstery anywhere. I guess that's all that matters to me.
smile.gif

I drink bottled water in my NSX. Nothing else. The only person that can eat in my NSX is my daughter. The only reason I say that is because before I can stop her from eating in the NSX, she usually already has her mouth full... with crumbs falling all over her lap.

Those crumbs never touch the NSX. It goes on her lap, and into her car seat.
smile.gif

I freaked out when I saw her eat... but I couldn't even get mad at her. She's so cute.
smile.gif

well, heck yeah, ive eaten and drank tea in my nsx. im really careful, but could always live with a food accident if it ever happened. the car will survive, i will survive, we'll both get a bath.

hey, didnt you guys ever see 9&1/2 weeks?? sometimes getting food all over her is fun!!

Originally posted by huckster:

hey, didnt you guys ever see 9&1/2 weeks?? sometimes getting food all over "her" is fun!!

yeah sure, if your definition of "HER" refers to your GF or your significant other, NOT your NSX, mind you.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 05 September 2002).]

Back