• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Extended Warranty for 2nd GEN

So it's bumper to bumper for 4/50 but it starts from the time you buy the warranty, correct? Not automatically extending the original factory warranty to 8/100?
CPO terms:
Limited warranty 4yr + 2yr = 6yrs from 1st date of purchase or 100,000 odometer miles.
Powertrain warranty 7yrs from 1st date of purchase or 100,000 odometer miles.

Vehicle Service Contract (extended warranty):
Per Acura documents:
Near New Vehicle coverage begins on the date and mileage at the time of purchase
Expiration is calculated from the VSC purchase date and zero miles

HOWEVER, per Acura documents, CPO NSX are not eligible for Vehicle Service Contracts.

My understanding is it starts when you buy it
The game is to buy it a month prior to your original warranty expires
There is no free lunch here. For example, it will cost a LOT more for a 4 year EW package purchased at month 47 than you would have paid for an 8 year policy purchased at month 1. You will also pay more at month 47 because inflation will have raised the price of what it was 4 years earlier. Lots to think about with EW packages.

There is no free lunch here. For example, it will cost a LOT more for a 4 year EW package purchased at month 47 than you would have paid for an 8 year policy purchased at month 1. You will also pay more at month 47 because inflation will have raised the price of what it was 4 years earlier. Lots to think about with EW packages.
I think Acura priced the program a while back and had not heard of it being revised.
I don't recall an 8 year EW being offered.
The game from Acura was that the EW starts when you pay for it.

Here are the options I was offered by my purchasing dealership

5yr/80k $5330

5yr/100k $7230

5yr/120k $7740

They offered to take $381 off of any of them.

I lost the first vehicle I had planned to buy from an Acura dealer. I'm now looking at another NSX that was previously CPOd by Acura but is now being sold by a non-Acura dealer. I've read in the T&Cs that if a CPO car is sold private to private, the CPO warranty transfers. I've also read that if a CPO car is sold back to an Acura dealer, then the CPO expires. Nothing addresses if a CPO car is traded into a non-Acura dealer and is then sold by that non-Acura dealer. Does anyone know if the CPO warranty would transfer?

UPDATE: I called Acura and was informed that if the selling dealer has the original CPO warranty card, I could mail it in to AHMC and transfer the warranty. Unfortunately, the selling dealer does not have the warranty card. CPO warranty gone to waste.

Last edited:
Back