• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Extreme Motors NSX

the side mirrors are from another make of car. but they worked well with the rest of the car.

front/sides are not my taste, but look OK. the rear is horrendous!

I like the paint job, but that's about it. I can appreciate the work that went in to this car, it's just not my taste. Did I also see a wood like cover on the center console? Blech!

The NSX has clean and simple lines...while echoing others' views of workmanship and quality of build, this example has lost the cars original sense of proportion and aeshthetic...meh.
But points for going outside the dotted line.

Key NSX styling characteristics have been exaggerated. Looks like a hot-wheels version. Some nice work. Love the paint. Not into the mirrors. Some of the shut lines are off a little.

Surprised nobody has raised hell about the wood dash kit.

Love some of the details like the -E and Extreme Motorsports logos on the seats, arm-rest badge, rear reflector, and especially the intake manifold cover plate. Also really nice integration of the LED DRLs.

Where were the seats done? Is that an OEM Ivory interior? If so, how is the color match between the seats and the other interior ivory elements?

If you helped build it and you love it, you can take pride in creating something different that looks to be of very high quality.

....or mid century modern................

I also like the side vents. Not perfect, but close and I give him a lot of credit for trying instead of just slapping on a pair of side skirts with a vent to nowhere.

And +1000 for not "hellaflushing" it.

they just decided to put those vents on the fenders instead.

One of the ugliest Nsx's I've ever seen. Def. top 3.

i was at that event where those pics were taken. i completely agree with your statement. the rhino lined engine bay was the thing that through me off the most.

originally it was Ivory the seats were not that bad of shape but Had them re-done the lady matched them almost perfect.

it belongs to a friend of mine I am a purist and like the original look of the NSX but this thing is stunning in person.

yes we did put top craftmanship into it.

+1, That is what makes it look so odd from the side. Does not fit with the car and ruins the proportions.

I think the front wheel is the same size as the rear (it doesn't look staggered in diameter) making it look funny.

What also makes it look odd from the side is the fact that front bumper is sits lower than the sideskirts which are lower than the rear valance. These three items should be in roughly the same plane IMHO.

...the rhino lined engine bay was the thing that through me off the most.

Ridiculous. I have that on my truck bed and have seen quite a few Jeeps/Hummers/FJs with it as "paint." But on a sports car...in the engine bay?

The amount of work and $$ put into it doesn't equal the value of the result. That sucks b/c I really want to like it.

I love the paint job and even the body work. But it looks like 3 seperate design teams built this car. "You guys take the front end.... you take the back end...and we'll do the middle". I actually wrote these guys an email after the unveiling and provided a lot of suggestions for their redo of the car. None of which they incorporated (except for adding a front lip). LOL Oh well...

If i win the powerball tomorrow...i'm buying this car and fixing it!

Last edited:
The Black one next to this is mine, so I got a real good look. The lowering of the pan below seat by several inches made for fantastic headroom at my 6ft 6in size. A whole lot of work but not my style a little toooooo much.

Man, just fix the rear. IMO put the spoiler back to normal, lose the F40 vents. Smaller wheels. Diffuser is nice. I love the front and side though.

With all due respect ... na, I better not say nothing ..

that lip looks like it's from a civic sir and the mirrors from apc for a civic as well

I undertstand a lot of work went into it, but damn.....

My take on the front:

straighten.jpg

^^ so much better! that looks good!

The photo shop front looks so much cleaner. What about that rear end???

Back