• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F355? or C6 Z06?

Which would you buy?

• F355

Votes: 55 67.9%
  • C6 Z06

Votes: 26 32.1%

• Total voters
I just drove A Z06 and was telling my father about it. I was telling him that the power was nuts, just instant torque, and easy to drive at 70 on the interstate. My only thought on trading my nsx ( and gs) was that the nsx is not dropping in price, and is basically a solid investment(if thats possible in a car), I was just curious about the overall value of the z06 in the next 5 years. I know at auctions the 06 z06 is hitting high 40's and more on line with 50-52k. I don't know how much more it will drop. The car was great, and the interior was ok, nothing awesome or killer.

never been in a f355, and don't know which car or direction I go after my nsx time is up.

Good luck with your choice, it's kinda tough.

I testdrove a Z06 extensively(borrowed my friends car many times) before buying my GT3. I also looked at a F360 but decided to pass up on it. The Z06 has ridiculous power. The problem is that the suspension has a difficult time putting the power down. The brakes are a joke! Who needs 3 small pads per front wheel. Just put in a set of brembo's or ST and be done. These things matter if you track your cars - which I do.

I call the C5 Corvette the fifth gen Camaro because I see more of them than I see camaros. It's insane. The C6 Z06 is better, but it's still just so common.

F355 would be my pick. Or better yet, wait another year or so and get a 360.

How long do you intend to keep the car? Based on this comment alone I'm not sure why everyone is recommending the F355. If it wasn't for this comment, I'd pick the F355 also, but this throws that suggestion out the window.

And yes, cost of insurance and repair/maintenance do make a difference if the numbers are significantly higher in one car than the other.

I just don't see the Z06 depreciating 10-15K per year (F355 maintenance guestimate), year after year, so that's why I ask how long you intend to keep the vehicle. If it's for a year or two, perhaps the Z06 depreciation will equal the F355 maintenance, but longer than that and I think the F355 will end up costing you a ton more in the end.

355 spyder. Any colour except pink or green. :biggrin: You can't beat the sound and look of it. Even my plate number is 355.

here's my GTS. 'nuff said :biggrin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 355.jpg
    355.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 552
VS.

attachment.php

depends on how much performance you need. the two cars are not in the same stratosphere on the track (not that you'd track a decade old ferrari). One cool thing is the '08 Z06 has been substantially upgraded with new steering rack, trans, interior upgrades etc. Getting a brand new car has to be another major plus.

Yes it sounds cool to say "I own a ferrari", but you will more than likely be buying a major hassle.

Last edited:
Definitely F355. No doubt. Ferrari is an art, Chevy is...more like a toy.

F355 vs Z06

Ferrari > GM
F1 Technology > Pick-up Truck Technology
Sportscar interior > Plastic interior
Mid Engine > Front Engine
Made in Italy > Made in USA
Hand made > Machine made

Ferrari has more racing heritage than GM. GM have only created cars like...Corvette, Camaro, TransAm, etc...I see Corvettes pretty much everyday.
Ferrari has created cars like, 330 P4, Dino, F40, F50, Enzo, 575 Maranello, F430, etc...how many Ferraris do you see everyday?

Here is an F355 with Kreissieg exhaust,FERRARI MUSIC do you think GM's LSx can ever sound like that? I don't think so.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see a lot of kids driving Mustang, Camaro, Firebird and all sorts of muscle cars...or trucks, Sierra, Yukon, etc.
To be honest, if I keep my eyes closed, I can't tell the difference between sound difference between those kids' TransAm and Corvette. I can tell a little difference maybe?? :confused: But I don't think so.
How many cars can sound like Ferrari? Only few exotic cars :cool:

Last edited:
360 !

Though if it's Zo6 vs 355 Then i would go 355

I don't think many here are thinking with their head and taking into account the OPs requirements. If money was no object, the F355 would win hands down in everything, but he clearly stated that maintenance costs were an issue. Not many people here are considering that requirement. The OP also never mentioned if he was considering new or used Z06, everyone is assuming new so hopefully that's the right answer. I'd rather go used and let someone else take that first depreciation hit and still get a car under warranty. That gives the Z06 even more of a leg up on the F355 price-wise.

That being said, if the OP suddenly decides he doesn't care about maintenance costs, then F355 all the way! At least people are level headed enough to recognize that performance-wise the Z06 will run circles around the F355 in every performance category.

Last edited:
I would take the F355....Maybe Alex Vizcarra can chime in also since he owns a 1999 355 F-1 in silver/blue. The 355 is a hot car!

If maintenance cost is an issue then get something else.

At least people are level headed enough to recognize that performance-wise the Z06 will run circles around the F355 in every performance category.
We know Z06 makes more power and fast and everything, but the F355 is soooo much better as a sportscar. Corvette is more like a muscle car, really. Look at the engine...people who rebuild 1960s muscle cars are always using Corvette's LSx engines. Also people who build low ride trucks are using Corvette or Camaro's LSx as well.

Here is a good comparison...

Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring($25,245) vs Ford Mustang GT Deluxe($25,695)
They're similary priced vehicles...we know that Mazda MX-5 owners could've bought a Mustang if they wanted to, but they didn't. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean:biggrin:

06.mazda.miata.f34.500.jpg

20070421_335385.jpg

Thanx guys for all the input. This decision was based on a brand new Z06 Vs. a 1995+ F355.

There is no doubt that the 355 looks better, and likewise the Z06 is a better performer. I've had an NSX as well as the previous C5 Z06 and I guess I can use that as a good benchmark of where I stand with the 355 and C6Z. Except a 355 costs one hell of a lot more to own than an NSX, which is virtually maintenance free and will probably never leave you stranded. I loved both cars and they both had their share of pros and cons.

Anyway, I think I'm going to stick to my original plan and go with the Z. The Ferrari is ideal, but not practical for me right now. I called my insurance company for some quotes and it really is THAT MUCH MORE. The maintenance figure is also quite large compared to the NEW Z06 which has maintenance and warranty covered for the first few years. Depreciation doesn't bother me as much as not being able to drive it every other day, worry-free.

I figure I'm only 26, so I have quite a few years left to collect so more toys. Hopefully in another 10 years, Ferrari will be in my grasp. =)

Thanx again!

Back