• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F40 Kit Car

142_0311_kiwi04_z.jpg

142_0311_kiwi03_z.jpg

142_0311_kiwi06_z.jpg

http://www.kitcarmag.com/featuredvehicles/142_0311_ferrari_f40_replica/

:eek:

He definitely did a great job building this car! It just goes to show how much money and time you need to invest to build something really nice. He stated on his webpage that he turned down 275K for his car. You can just about buy a real F40 for that price.

Just out of curiousity, what kind of power plants are usually used for a kit car like this?

Just out of curiousity, what kind of power plants are usually used for a kit car like this?

Most of the kit cars use custom-built small blocks.

"........2,200 pounds, and when propelled by its lusty 800hp 4L Toyota engine ('90-96), custom F40 Developments twin-throttle manifold, Air Research turbocharger with a 20-pound boost, Porsche X8 injector, Autronic Computer Management electronic ignition, and K&N X2 air cleaner, this flying Kiwi can top 200 mph." :biggrin:

He definitely did a great job building this car! It just goes to show how much money and time you need to invest to build something really nice. He stated on his webpage that he turned down 275K for his car. You can just about buy a real F40 for that price.

275k for an F40?
more like 700....

that is an extremely good kit car BTW. :eek:
but the best part about ferraris is the engine sound IMO
and the F40 had twin turbos too :cool:

275k for an F40?
more like 700....
Yea that is around the right price range. However think if I remember correctly people were paying as much as 1.6 million for F40's back in the days.

275k for an F40?
more like 700....

I don't know where you are shopping but I have had several F40's offered for under 400K, a higher mileage one was at 300K. Perhaps one that had under 1K miles might bring something close to that number. How many do you want at 600K? Maybe I can become a used car salesman. I know several owners who will sell you a beautiful example of an F40 for less than 500K, I can make a 100K for a phone call. :smile:

I was offered one at 180K about 10 years ago with 5K miles. I didn't have the money at the time or I would of bought that car.

There are some collectors / owners who think that their cars are worth much more than they really are, when you find a motivated seller is when you really find out what those cars are worth.

8 years later... you could of doubled or tripled your money today...F40 prices are off the roof.

I don't know where you are shopping but I have had several F40's offered for under 400K, a higher mileage one was at 300K. Perhaps one that had under 1K miles might bring something close to that number. How many do you want at 600K? Maybe I can become a used car salesman. I know several owners who will sell you a beautiful example of an F40 for less than 500K, I can make a 100K for a phone call. :smile:

I was offered one at 180K about 10 years ago with 5K miles. I didn't have the money at the time or I would of bought that car.

There are some collectors / owners who think that their cars are worth much more than they really are, when you find a motivated seller is when you really find out what those cars are worth.

- - - Updated - - -

8 years later... you could of doubled or tripled your money today...F40 prices are off the roof.

Back