• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory Head unit Aux In?

So I have a factory head unit I just paid $200 to get repaired. Apparently the guy everyone recommend is like 15 minutes away from my house. The radio is alive. The capacitors are repaired etc. I have a Sony cassette adapater for the radio, but it doesn't seem to work. So either I go buy a different tape adapter, or I figure out a way to put an aux in on this thing. Any ideas anyone?

I have of of those crappy RF adapter CD changers, I don't like it much. Is there a better way I can tap into the head unit? I am currently installing a couple JL audio amps, JL speakers, and a small sub in the passenger footwell. Its actually going to fit in the exact same space as the factory box. Go figure. No carpet cutting.

The new head unit with nav screens and crap is coming, but this is a huge project on its own. The whole car is torn apart. No carpet, seats, center console, trunk carpeting, rear interior panels, you name it. Gone. Putting in a keyless entry system as well while I am at it.

So, before I put it all back together and have nothing but sirmixalot tapes from 1986 to listen to, what are my options?

go to alpine-usa.com and look at their perfect fit stuff. i installed it with the touchscreen which has bluetooth, hd radio, cd, and xm, and blackbird navigation. i believe you can use the head unit you have. or leave the head unit where it is and install this other stuff. the controller is my favorite part.

.... or I figure out a way to put an aux in on this thing. Any ideas anyone?....
Lots of options here -
http://http://www.logjamelectronics.com/auxacurahon.html

You basically use the original aux-in input which the CD changer utilizes by using an adapter that gices you a pair of Streo RCA's which interface to the round DIN plug. It's possible to have both a changer & aux-in at the same time.

Ok, well, thats always worth a try. Lets see.

Back