• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fastest SC, Turbo'd NSX in the quarter?

I'm sure the uni-body NSX that we all saw in the Prostreet mag is doing something insane in the quarter... But i'm not sure what the numbers are.

What's the fastest you've had your stock, supercharged or turbo'd NSX in the quarter?

-Electro

My guess is most people dont run their NSX's in the quarter.I ran my old 92 in the eighth and ran 8.90.Thats about 13.795 in the quarter.That car was all stock.Im not gonna run my 97 until I get a supercharger then Ill run it against my BPU Supra and see what happens.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT
92 Talon AWD ( For Sale )

I know some of these guys have ran their TT'd NSXs on the quarter... Like David- but i'm unsure of what the numbers are...

-Electro

I will be running my 91 soon. I'll let everyone know what the numbers are.

------------------
Jason

Originally posted by Electro:
I'm sure the uni-body NSX that we all saw in the Prostreet mag is doing something insane in the quarter... But i'm not sure what the numbers are.

What's the fastest you've had your stock, supercharged or turbo'd NSX in the quarter?

-Electro

My 94 has headers, freeflow exhaust & intake and I weigh about 285. Launching on conrete at 4000 rpm, I ran 13.93 @ 104.6mph - my only GTech measurement. I bogged a bit (it was slightly uphill and the weather was near 100 and muggy) It would be my guess that cool weather and a more agreesivew launch would subtract half a second and add 3 - 5 mph. My 0-60 speed with a soft launch was 6.63 seconds - not bad for a street start.

11.69 @ 120.5 mph. Stage I. With Stage II? I don't know. I've never used it. Sad though, I've had it connected for over a YEAR! I might try it this weekend - but probably not. I think the head gaskets and clutch will fail if I try.

------------------
Stock gears, stock everything - custom intake made by me and a couple of Borla mufflers welded in line. Lots of NOS.. Custom Crappy clutch.. Still goes fast. Falling apart at the same time. I'm fixing everything soon though (Dented fender un-painted spoiler)

Originally posted by nsxlr8:
11.69 @ 120.5 mph. Stage I. With Stage II? I don't know. I've never used it. Sad though, I've had it connected for over a YEAR! I might try it this weekend - but probably not. I think the head gaskets and clutch will fail if I try.

That's great! Which track? Houston?

I toasted one of my exhaust valves at Ennis two weeks ago. : (

By the way, I e-mailed you info a couple of weeks ago about where to get copper head gaskets (SCE) and head studs (ARP). Did you get the info?

[This message has been edited by David (edited 08 September 2001).]

I believe he is referring to a 2 stage nitrous setup. Very impressive. Wow 11.69.

------------------
Jason

I read in some import mag that civic's are running 10's in the quarter ALL MOTOR!

I read a good bit about how they were doing it and wondered if it'd be worth using those techniques on the NSX engine... The engine they're using is from the honda prelude 2.3L 4 cl.... I realize that these civics weigh next to nothing, but if we did some weight reduction and used these ideas we should be running 10's without a turbo right?!? I'm sure It'd take a great deal of money and time to rebuild the nsx engine with all the new sleeves, pistons and rods etc etc... They were running something like 16:1 compression! Dont know how... but thought that'd be cool to do to our power plant!

-Electro

I know a guy with a NA Civic that runs in the 10s. There is very little other than general concepts such as "weight reduction" that would translate over to a street car. Those cars are purpose built from the block up and everything is customized and tuned for one thing only - 1/4 mile racing. They also consider it mechanically sound if it survives 1/4 mile more often than it breaks.

There is no way you are going to build a naturally aspirated NSX in the 10 second range that is usable for anything but drag racing.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 10 September 2001).]

Back