• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Feb.21/22-Exotic Car Festival, St. Pete, FL

The folks who host the Festival of Exotic Cars each year in Mount Dora, Florida are bringing the goods to Tampa Bay later this month. It's sure to be a 1st class event with marques like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin and Maclaren. Confirmed for the show are an Enzo, Maclaren F1, Mercedes Benz CLK-GTR...amongst other significant hardware! I'm making arrangements for a dinner and cruise on that Saturday the 21st. On Sunday the 22nd we can head down to the Vinoy Park and check out the car show. I've contacted a local restaurant, The Saute Grill on Ulmerton Road, and they are willing and able to accommodate a large group as well as provide secured parking for our cars together. Let me know if you want to join in the weekend fun. My email is [email protected]. Vinoy Park is across from the basin just north of the St. Pete Pier. They will have motorcycles and yachts for viewing as well as the previously mentioned four wheeled beauties. Let's get out and have some fun!

I am going

I am probably going to attend this event also. Going up Saturday for Gasparilla, so I will most likely attend on the show on Sunday. Feetfxr, I emailed you so we could meet up in the Tampa area on your way down there. Maybe a few Tampa area guys want to meet up before we head down to the show. I know Dave (Badcarma) said he was going.

Regards,
Danny

Re: I am going

DannyC said:
...Going up Saturday for Gasparilla, so I will most likely attend on the show on Sunday. Feetfxr, I emailed you so we could meet up in the Tampa area on your way down there...

Will the same cars be there on Saturday and Sunday?

FYI - Leaving Orlando Sunday morning we are going to meet at the Chevy's Restaurant parking lot, I-4 & Rte 535 (1/4 mi North) It's the Downtown Disney/Lake Beuna Vista exit, then the restuarant is in the Crossroads shopping plaza 1/4 mile north on the right at 9-9:15ish. Here's my cell number in case you are coming that morning and running a little late, etc.
(407) 797-7348

where I can I hook up with the nsx crowd going?

Scott, or you guys coming from orlando, is their a place we can stage in tampabay to run down together after everyone gets into town? please post where,and meet time.Scott any suggestions?is racetrac on gandy an option,let me know.
look forward to seeing you all their. please post or pm me

Is this right along the route to St. Pete? Give us exact directions and a phone number and we can call you when we leave O-town (expect 9:15am) or as we approach Tampa. Should be to Tampa by 10:15-10:30 pending no problems.

meet up area for orlando set

Yes, it is on the direct route across the bay,straight down 275 will take you across gandy.the racetrac station is about the first building on the west bound route (your side) you know you have gone to far if you pass derbylane greyhound track,flip a bitch and head back about 1/2 a mile .their is no way you can miss it. it is the first filling station across the pond
call: 727-504-9895 cell thats speed within reaches (slipnby) cell,he will be out with me also. call if you need info in the am on the way in.

correction

MY bad,if you go straight down 275 you will go across howard franklin.do a yahoo search for directions to derbylanes greyhound track coming from 1-4 this is your best bet.racetrack station will be on your side as soon as you get to the pinellas side before you reach derbylanes,if you see the dog track you went to far turn back 1/2 mile.yahoo search is the way to do this guys

cell 727-504-9895

BadCarma-
Left a message for Mike...we'll plan on meeting at the Racetrack Station as planned. Will call Mike's cell when we leave Orlando and when we are getting closer to Tampa. If you talk to Mike please ask him to bring the spats. Thanks. See ya tomorrow.

Had a great time today.
Good to meet so many of you.
Think there was about 10+ NSX there, and they all look sweet.

Sinbad....thanks for the parking.
Did not find out it was you that paid until we were leaving.
We owe you....thanks!

FixFeet took some pix.
Saw the Enzo, Lambo, Ferrari, Lotus, Aston-Martin, Viper, Saleen, GT-40, Porche, and other exotics as we were along the bay watching the yachts and speed boats. It was worth the drive to St. Pete.

Joe

Back