• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ffej @ SoS

So a couple weeks ago I was getting my cats really hot just before getting an emissions test, driving my car like I had stole it while maintaining a safe atmosphere for my fellow drivers. Not more than 100 yards from the emissions testing facility one of my main coolant lines explodes sending coolant all over my engine bay. With the amount of smoke that was billowing out of my rear window onlookers must have thought my car was about to blow. I pull into an AutoZone that was nearby and park her. Upon examination I see a gaping hole in one of my main coolant lines. Great. Now what? Flatbed my car to SoS or to my house? What a pain. I would likely have to remove my CF front lip as my car is pretty low. I call up Bryan at SoS and get on the phone with Ffej. I ask him if he has the replacement parts in stock. They do! I then ask him if he would drive almost 15 miles to replace my coolant lines here in the AutoZone parking lot. He does! Thankfully it's a quick job for Ffej as there's an AutoZone employee buzzing in our ears the entire time. Ffej helped make a day long ordeal amount to only an hour or so distraction!

*NOTE - Please do not assume Science of Speed is the AAA for local NSXers. I have spent several million dollars with them over the last few years. If I had only bought a shift knob from them I would have expected them to tell me to pound sand. :wink:

Salt. the phrase is "pound salt", but they would never say that either.
SOS is some good folks.:cool:

I have a similar story but not really. I'm getting close to installing my bbsc kit and need chris to make me a tapped and baffled oilpan.. The only reason he hasn't done so is because he needs to know what size the drain fitting I have on my kit since the Basch kit had 2 different sizes. So I email chris letting him know that I won't be able to driveall the way down to the shop.. Keep in mind that his is where most business owners would say "pound sand".. Not chris.. He then repliedto my email saying he could meet me in north Scottsdale. 35 miles away just to accomodate.. I truly believe this is why his customers spend soo much money with him and continue to come back.

Bottom line is that you can't please everybody but he is a good person running a legitimate and good company.

we say "go pound sand" not salt in Karliforneea....perhaps due to the many beaches around here?:rolleyes:
SOS has gone out of their way to help me as well in the past....I am glad they are ALWAYS there to support our crack habit. :biggrin:

Back