• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Finally tuned to over 500HP

Well I finally got my V-TEC working so we could tune the car. My 2001 NSX has the 3.2L with 9:1 Compression and stock cams. The SC is a 2.3L Whipple bolted to a custom intake I fabricated with a large inter cooler recessed between the heads. This allowed me to retain my targa cover in the engine bay. I have not picked it up yet so I do not have any other info. I do have a Dyno sheet attached. The power is about 450 to the wheels and Torque is 345@ 5700 RPM. We did have the boost drop at higher RPM's not sure why but I think it's the belt slipping a little.This should be about 520HP at the crank. I will update this post as soon as I have more info.
The car still runs as smooth as a stock NSX.

Ken,

When can I see this monster NSX? Congrats on your project.

Chris

Thanks,
I will pick it up on Saturday from the tuner in colonial beach VA. He wants me to drive it around there so he can make any final tuning adjustment I need. This will the last tune until I change out the throttle body with the new 76MM TBW TB I'm working on.

Well I finally got my V-TEC working so we could tune the car. My 2001 NSX has the 3.2L with 9:1 Compression and stock cams. The SC is a 2.3L Whipple bolted to a custom intake I fabricated with a large inter cooler recessed between the heads. This allowed me to retain my targa cover in the engine bay. I have not picked it up yet so I do not have any other info. I do have a Dyno sheet attached. The power is about 450 to the wheels and Torque is 345@ 5700 RPM. We did have the boost drop at higher RPM's not sure why but I think it's the belt slipping a little.This should be about 520HP at the crank. I will update this post as soon as I have more info.
The car still runs as smooth as a stock NSX.

thats about true 420-430 SAE when you go across to rpm instead of speed (eliminates that spike at end) which is awesome! congrats. post up pics please

I just picked up my car. Everything is running great. This thing pulls hard and fast. I do have one more print out from the dyno attached. I cannot load the other dyno sheet because of the size.

That dyno chart is beautiful, what a nice powerband! How do you like the whipple? You have alot of room left as far as boost, these blowers are making 600rwhp on 03/04 cobras. YOu have got to love the whine of a nice twin screw too.

Ken

Would you say the biggest difference in the 2.3L whipple vs. the 1.6 is the torque down low? You have quite a big of torque in the 4k rpm range vs. hp. Must feel nice to throw you in the seat. How much boost are you running? Built motor or stock?

Thanks and congrats.

Jeff

Ken

Would you say the biggest difference in the 2.3L whipple vs. the 1.6 is the torque down low? You have quite a big of torque in the 4k rpm range vs. hp. Must feel nice to throw you in the seat. How much boost are you running? Built motor or stock?

Thanks and congrats.

Jeff

I have never been in a NSX with the 1.6 Whipple. The only work to the motor is pistons and larger valves with a little head work. I am running about 16PSI and it drops to about 14PSI up top. The pull on the car is unreal. I also have the ATS 4:23 1:1-50 way gears and a clutch master clutch. I will post air temps as soon as I get them from the tuner.

I have never been in a NSX with the 1.6 Whipple. The only work to the motor is pistons and larger valves with a little head work. I am running about 16PSI and it drops to about 14PSI up top. The pull on the car is unreal. I also have the ATS 4:23 1:1-50 way gears and a clutch master clutch. I will post air temps as soon as I get them from the tuner.

Forgive my ignorance, are you having to run this on race gas or 91 or 93 octane?

Thx

Jeff

I just started going over all the info from my last tune.
Intake air temp during dynos was 113 and the highest was 117 after 4 pulls in one hour. My fuel AFR under full boost is between 10 to 11. This is still rich but my tuner just wont lean it out. On a street pull the other day my AFR gauge read 10 and maybe 9 something I had to look at the road. My boost while on the dyno measured under 13 PSI due to belt slippage. This was info from the 3 bar sensor. The above info was sent to me on some program that I need to learn more about. I will post the name of the program when I get back in the office.

Back