• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

First pics of new Baby Ferrari

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/13/new-ferrari-california-exposed/

ferrari-gt-1280-02.jpg

sorry if repost.

interesting Jedi mind tricks on the pricing though...

this car will be the new "entry level" F-car, BUT...
  • it will be priced ABOVE the current F430 coupe
  • they will then INCREASE the F4xx price point

Other than that, I like it - a nice 2-place GT car that can compete with Maser, Aston, SL-AMG, Tata-Jag, and .... next NSX ?

I like it a lot- beautiful GT car, and I bet it will represent really well in person as well.

That said- if I were buying a Ferrari this would not be the one I would be looking at- at least not now. give me a few weeks, I might change my mind about where I would spend my imaginary money...

;)

P

That looks very good! Honda should get these designers a six-pack of Beck's and a pizza and get them to work on the next NSX.

Honda should get these designers a six-pack of Beck's and a pizza and get them to work on the next NSX.
Pizza - si signore, German beer ? hmmm.

Italian beer is not that good (think Moretti). Give me a good Lambic ale - those Belgian monks sure know their hops :biggrin:

Still think they should just make Horacio Pagani "an offer he can't refuse" :cool:

Pizza - si signore, German beer ? hmmm.

Italian beer is not that good (think Moretti). Give me a good Lambic ale - those Belgian monks sure know their hops :biggrin:

Still think they should just make Horacio Pagani "an offer he can't refuse" :cool:

Looks like you need to be over in THIS thread ;)

P

No, it doesn't look like the Z4 where the later one is really ugly. This Ferrari baby must be 100 % Pininfarina design and it looks great and gorgeous except for the front. The view from the side it has some similarities with the S2000 for the front part. The exhaust tips look ugly. But the rest is very, very nice.

SC430 first came to mind, but overall looks very curvatious for a Ferrari. I like the "California" in the rear mesh, but the stacked exhaust is weird. Anyways, I'm gonna ride out this soft economy before making any big purchases.

Actually the Ferrari reminds me of the Alfa 8C

7791d1210736240-ferrari-california-revealed-alfaromeo8cspider.jpg

IMHO The 8c looks nicer. The baby ferrari looks a bit clumsy. The front is ok, the side profile makes it look a bit small(solstice size) but the rear is a poor execution. The stacked exhaust is not my taste at all.

However I am sure it is already sold out. BTW, I wonder if the "baby" Ferrari will be as expensive as the F430 so that the next F series goes up market to the $200k+ range.

I agree! The 8c looks nicer! Actually the 8c looks nicer than almost any car around :o even better than my favourites Aston V8's and 360 spyder...

Too bad it is super low production and will never enter my price range (so I will settle for a used '08 Maserati in 2-3 years)... :(

Yuck, just a very nice looking luxury car, not a wild jaw dropping Ferrari which is what a Ferrari should be. Should be the new Lexus or Audi not Ferrari.

not a wild jaw dropping Ferrari which is what a Ferrari should be.
Ferrari is about powertrain and handling - the body is secondary. Having the Italian flair for the dramatic doesn't hurt though.

Jaw-dropping is more a Lambo design objective - the motor is somewhat secondary (for now the American "size matters" mantra works). Lambo is more lifestyle : brochure bench-racing for the gold-chain set.

Its all about "soul and character", right ?? :rolleyes:

IMO this one looks more entry-level Maser to me.

looks friggen terrible..... like it should have a toyota emblem on the front
definitely not what you'd expect from ferrari. i hope they don't build it

I really don't like where Ferrari has taken their designs. The best looking F cars, IMO, were at the early turn of the century... 360, 575 etc. They had the right balance of sportiness and elegence. Now, it seems like the designs are more "high class" and stuffy/snooty. I see very little "sport" in any of the recent Ferraris. They look much more like luxury coupes, as much of an oxymoron as that is.

Back