• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First Stage of Upgrades on my 2004 GPW (Teins/HREs) >>

A few qwk pics of my recent upgrades. Ive run HREs on all my toys, so this time was no different, but I went with the HREs Competition Forged Series vice the 5xx-series for a bit of a change. HRE claims this is the first set of Competitions built specifically for NSX. Def looks killer in person and Im lovin' the stepped-lip :) Next set of ugrades are on the way...

Thanks to Bryan (I1O101I) and Chris (Chris NSX) for the hookup w/the Flex :)

Susp/Tire/Rim Specs:
Tein Flex Coilovers
HRE C20 in Gold
225/35/18f (18x8)
285/30/19r (19x10.5)
40f/30r Tint

-paul :biggrin:

HREC20_1.jpg

HREC20_2.jpg

HREC20_3.jpg

Paul,

You always have impeccable taste, whether it's the choice of body color for the particular car, down to the mods. The gold rims are definitely the way to go on white. What's next? Why did you get rid of the MOMO steering wheel? We need to hook up soon!

Thanks guys!

MainSource: Yep, ive been on there for awhile as "pjb". Still roll with a lot of supra owners in va/dc/md area.

Eddie: We should def g2g soon! Ill shoot you a pm.

Chris/Bryan: Thanks again! After hearing your cars I realized that mine was too darn quiet! Your cars sound great :cool:

-paul

Not to jack your thread but I gotta ask. I see so many people going with coilovers now instead of springs. Seems much easier and the fact you can adjust height is cool. But how about daily ride quality? Since I don't track is this over kill for me. By the time I by springs and have installed, I can buy the coilovers and install myself {less downtime} for hopefully the same ballpark costs. Any suggestions?

Not to jack your thread but I gotta ask. I see so many people going with coilovers now instead of springs. Seems much easier and the fact you can adjust height is cool. But how about daily ride quality? Since I don't track is this over kill for me. By the time I by springs and have installed, I can buy the coilovers and install myself {less downtime} for hopefully the same ballpark costs. Any suggestions?

Bryan has JIC from SOS, I have Tein RE with 10/10 springs and Paul has Tein Flex. I had to change to drive Bryan NSX with the JIC and my Tein RE coilovers, I love them both, but I went with the Tein because of the customer support here in the USA. I did not get the change or permission to push Paul's NSX hard with the Tein Flex when we installed them, but I think it is a great setup with the EDFC controller.

Coilover will cost about $1400 to $2000 plus
Shocks and springs will cost about $1000 to $1400

I would go with some descent coilovers, spend the extra money over springs and shocks.

+1 to what Chris says ref spending the $ on a decent set of c/o's. I learned my lesson a LONG time ago to do it right the first time. If its just a drop on OEM rims, then just do the shocks/springs, but i prefer to have the added flexibility of the coilovers when i run my wheel/tire combos. Ive had great exp running Teins on most of my imports and also loved my Moton Clubsport set up on my 03 Viper. The ride of my car now with the Flex is fantastic! Much tighter than stock, but still very forgiving (& comfortable).

Good luck.

AWESOME RIDE Bro! :)

thanks for the linky - just the way I would do it....:biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm going for a dark gun-metal / black faced 5-spoke rim with a yellow edge lip for my new toy. Will send you some pics when it's done...

Your #1 fan on the west coast!

rick

Paul that thing is sex on wheels!

the car and wheels look excellent, i think the gold and white combo is the best

PS the watermark is a bit distracting

Iain stop stalking your old car:biggrin:

Iain stop stalking your old car:biggrin:

Hehe LOL!

The gold wheels go with the gold calipers very well.

Dont worry Iain, Ive taking good care of your old ride and you can visit her when you're down in DC. I also just had the GT-One F1 v5.1 exhaust installed, and will get some pics up. NOW the car sounds as it should :biggrin:

I can't have myself. It is a disease. Doc, cure me , please!

You know, if I had praises like the ones Paul has been getting, maybe I still have the car. It is your fault, all of you on Prime.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back