• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fishy CL ad - 92' GPW 70k miles - KC area - SCAM?

My friend is looking for an NSX and came across this one.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3996698809.html

The seller says the car had timing belt done recently and its not in snap ring range and the vin he gave shows it to be a 91' red with 133k miles. Seller mentions there was an offer of 25k from someone in Dallas. Primer maybe?

Here's the vin #JH4NA1150MT001509 and i noticed in the pictures door plate has a large amount of glare obscuring the serial number.

Maybe it's a type from seller but i see flags.

If I recall correctly, the owner listed the mileage as 80K when he first posted the ad a few weeks ago. My father, who looked at the ad separately, recalled the same thing.

I emailed the seller a few weeks ago but got no reply.

Saw the same ad and wanted to add my notes:

I have emailed him on 4 separate occasions. He has only responded once saying that the car was still for sale and that he is still waiting on record books in the mail.
I have offered him full price after receiving that response and even offering a deposit, but no response from him. I couldnt even get a VIN number when asked.
No phone number listed, and now it seems like the VIN is off...definitely raising a few red flags for me as well.

I just sent the owner an email as well to see if I get a response.

**EDIT**

I just received a response from him. This is his message to me.

Hi Steve,
I'm listing it for my boss and we have one registration issue to work out before it can be sold. I don't know the full history of the car, but they did mail the service history to my boss. I haven't seen the records yet. VIN is JH4NA1151NT001231
Andrew​

Last edited:
I had a spare carfax so i ran a report - last activity was in 2007.

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle History Report on JH4NA1151NT001231.pdf
    508.1 KB · Views: 40
Back