• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford Focus RS

Which 3 cars are you referring to?

Yes for prolonged track use an aftermarket diff cooler will be a good idea to prevent overheating to maintain awd function.

An article I read or vid I watched from an auto journalist of some caliber said they were invited somewhere with other journalists to drive at a track. Two of the cars quit early and the engineers wanted to keep quiet, but hinted at the diff since they had been tracking the cars all day. Journalist was in car #3 .

I am glad they are making a hot hatch and now perhaps even a hotter one. So hopefully what I read is untrue.

-Ben

any updates on ownership

Last edited:
Whew I saw a light blue one up close at a car show yesterday.. the paint is amazing, it has a ton of flakey/pearl stuff in it when the sun hits it, very nice.
He demo'd the stock exhaust, too. Sounded great. Really is quite a car.

I have been driving one of these for the last few days and this is a great little car I love it, looks like Mountune have developed a kit to give it some more oomph and it will still be covered under warranty like the last Focus, as for resale the last models have held their price really well over here. Ford NZ have 169 car allocation and all have sold and should be arriving this month to all owners we only have dealer cars here at present.

I'm taking delivery of an RS this week. Found one at at my local Ford without any markup. Four doors and heated seats goes well with my wife. It's just a four door hatchback sweetie. ;)

I'm interested in your experience,,,,we think alike:wink:

I'm interested in your experience,,,,we think alike:wink:

I picked up my RS today. I've only put 35 miles on it so I really can't give much of an opinion. However, for a hatchback with 350hp and Michelin Cup 2 tires, this car is going to be a lot fun. :tongue:

should be fun.......:cool:

updates Doc L...how big is the trunk size and back seat room?

updates Doc L...how big is the trunk size and back seat room?

It fits two kids and more luggage than a Gen1 and Gen2 NSX. :D

I'll be driving it to NSXPO. You're welcome to take it for a drive.

Last edited:
So when docjohn gets to nsxpo in his rental car, he can jump into another rental car with higher horses.:biggrin:
I know it is a great hatchback. But it is a hatchback and that automatically scores the lowest in my book.
Just my opinion.... Consider me the fastaussie of hatchbacks. :biggrin:

So when docjohn gets to nsxpo in his rental car, he can jump into another rental car with higher horses.:biggrin:
I know it is a great hatchback. But it is a hatchback and that automatically scores the lowest in my book.
Just my opinion.... Consider me the fastaussie of hatchbacks. :biggrin:

I can't argue with the whole "hatchback" notion, I felt the same way about it. However, once you're behind the wheel you forget what's behind the drivers seat. For $42k you'd be looking at at 100k mile NSX which doesn't perform as well as the RS. And yes, the RS doesn't have the panache of an exotic, but sometimes in life compromises need to be taken into consideration. Plus, I have a full warranty and Ford dealer five miles away from me.

I can't argue with the whole "hatchback" notion, I felt the same way about it. However, once you're behind the wheel you forget what's behind the drivers seat. For $42k you'd be looking at at 100k mile NSX which doesn't perform as well as the RS. And yes, the RS doesn't have the panache of an exotic, but sometimes in life compromises need to be taken into consideration. Plus, I have a full warranty and Ford dealer five miles away from me.
I agree. Just having a lil fun here. I would certainly consider one over a subee... My co-worker owns one. It's awwright. I just cannot get past the looks and the transmission is made of glass slippers. But the Europeans sure seem to love it.
'After having many Ford vehicles for my work, it makes things hard to reserve judgement. But still, you cannot find a better bargain if you get one for msrp. So it holds true to performance...

I agree. Just having a lil fun here...

I knew you were, and it's great that us Primer's can understand each others love for high performance cars. That's one reason why I keep my NSXCA membership active and enjoy the comradery. :)

certainly the hot hatch genre is more a European thing than in the US . but the car performs very well and is practical..

certainly the hot hatch genre is more a European thing than in the US . but the car performs very well and is practical..
I agree... Too bad it doesn't come in coupe form.

.but I drove it............very impressed with the performance....of course its still only a focus....but lots of fun.

Back