• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Formula Red OR Candy Apply Red

Looks great - not many NSX owners have the stones to do this! Congrats!

I always build my cars for ME, not for resale value. Otherwise, I guess we might as well all drive silver Chevy Malibus...

I'll respray my Berlina Black to Ferrari Tour de France Blue or Maserati Blue Oceano one day:

TDF
40135215-1sm.jpg

Blue Oceano
photo.php

i'm too late to chime in, but... championship white! :biggrin:

i have a formula red, so good job... my car is more unique by 1 car. lol.

any respray will hurt resale because people start to wonder about accidents and what-not... original paint is a big seller... but done right, it will certainly fetch a good amount of money to the right buyer. if i could afford to do it right, i would certainly change the color to my liking. its your car, you should certainly enjoy it.

Great job and a very nice color. Love the hood change and on the whole a very clean and super sharp NSX. Honestly it's a better color than some of the stock NSX colors of the past. Like I've never been a fan of the green or so called purple that they came out with. Not much depth to the paint in my opinion. Yours looks extremely good. Now if I would have done that to my 91, the only difference would be me keeping the original car panels except for the rear lower valance and also painting the top black like the original two tone setup for that year. I think with the color red you picked it would be a good match. Great job and enjoy your car.

Al

P.S. As for the resale value, I wouldn't worry. Today's NSX buyer isn't like the older buyer when the car first came out. Most of the newer buyers are into bling and they modify the cars appearance in so many ways, that the resale will never be what most people think it should be. Hell some people think you'll hurt the resale value if you change the brand of the replacement tires you use. Remember, the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. (I'm not talking about dealers/robbers here) I agree with everyone who says modify YOUR car the way you want it. The rest will take care of itself.

Last edited:
great points here imo.

P.S. As for the resale value, I wouldn't worry. Today's NSX buyer isn't like the older buyer when the car first came out. Most of the newer buyers are into bling and they modify the cars appearance in so many ways, that the resale will never be what most people think it should be. Hell some people think you'll hurt the resale value if you change the brand of the replacement tires you use. Remember, the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. (I'm not talking about dealers/robbers here) I agree with everyone who says modify YOUR car the way you want it. The rest will take care of itself.

Finally....!! i'm so happy:biggrin::biggrin::cool: just need to sand, buffs, detail the whole car... ...

Attachments

• IMG_2218[1].jpg
    IMG_2218[1].jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2216[1].jpg
    IMG_2216[1].jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2208[1].jpg
    IMG_2208[1].jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2207[1].jpg
    IMG_2207[1].jpg
    91 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2212[1].jpg
    IMG_2212[1].jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
for those who wonder what parts of the front and rear end i did for my conversion....

here are...

DF front bumper and lip(97%fitment before body works)
Stacy skirts(96%fitment before body works)
all brackets,gaskets, headlights, taillights are from dealer..

VIS CF type R hood (96%fitment) I need CF just for the center...the rest painted, same with the rear valence
Seibon rear CF Valence(95% fitment)

LED i used Super Bright Euro Style 5-LED Daytime Running Lamp..it the one i saw on Ebay.com for abut $60.

30% less works, everything is pre-drilled and line-up

conversion: i spent 4200.00
------------------------------------------------------------------------

My brother spent about 2800.00 total. taillight not included.(i might go with the NEW aftermarket LED 1200 though)

headlights, brackets, gaskets from dealer.

he used everything from VIS. fitment 94%before body works.
front bumper, lip. side skirts, rear valence. 60%more work drilling holes and line up

U Guys need help or have any questions with the conversion PM me...
:tongue: PRIME community is the BEST

Last edited:
nice whip :smile:

i would of painted the entire hood tho, thats just me

but excellent color

question

seibon rear CF valence - so the side splats and rear lower piece were primed and painted leaving the centre area in carbon fibre?

is this the rear piece?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0573936620&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

finally what kind of nsx-r spoiler is that?

thank you!

for those who wonder what parts of the front and rear end i did for my conversion....

here are...

DF front bumper and lip(97%fitment before body works)
Stacy skirts(96%fitment before body works)
all brackets,gaskets, headlights, taillights are from dealer..

VIS CF type R hood (96%fitment) I need CF just for the center...the rest painted, same with the rear valence
Seibon rear CF Valence(95% fitment)

LED i used Super Bright Euro Style 5-LED Daytime Running Lamp..it the one i saw on Ebay.com for abut $60.

30% less works, everything is pre-drilled and line-up

conversion: i spent 4200.00
------------------------------------------------------------------------

My brother spent about 2800.00 total. taillight not included.(i might go with the NEW aftermarket LED 1200 though)

headlights, brackets, gaskets from dealer.

he used everything from VIS. fitment 94%before body works.
front bumper, lip. side skirts, rear valence. 60%more work drilling holes and line up

U Guys need help or have any questions with the conversion PM me...
:tongue: PRIME community is the BEST

just tinted my headlights with candy blue and type R wing with candy red ...what do you guys think?? after this the car will let sand down and buff

Attachments

• IMG_2223[1].jpg
    IMG_2223[1].jpg
    66 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2225[1].jpg
    IMG_2225[1].jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2224[1].jpg
    IMG_2224[1].jpg
    42 KB · Views: 150
I wasn't inclined to agree on CAR initially but the color turned out nice and maybe surprised you too after your initial shock. What really sealed the deal were the previous details like the R wing tinted CAR.

I do agree with socold57 that I might have shot the whole hood. Then again, seeing what you did with the wing at the rear might offset that and create a nice balance in person.

At any rate, really nice execution and original vision. Great job!

just tinted my headlights with candy blue and type R wing with candy red ...what do you guys think?? after this the car will let sand down and buff

Just curious - why didn't you just remove the two bolts and take the headlights off the car to do the work rather than taping everything up around them?? :confused:

Just curious - why didn't you just remove the two bolts and take the headlights off the car to do the work rather than taping everything up around them?? :confused:

because i have to repaint some of the area that is scratched as u can see in the picture.

I almost bought that car years ago. It took a while to sell, but someone snagged it eventually. The mods to the trunk held me back.

Speaking of the trunk, what are those in the white circular areas to either side of the scuba tank?

Pics of the car? In the trunk?

Update:

Finally...

Attachments

• IMG_2229[1].jpg
    IMG_2229[1].jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2230[1].jpg
    IMG_2230[1].jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_2232[1].jpg
    IMG_2232[1].jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2233[1].jpg
    IMG_2233[1].jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2234[1].jpg
    IMG_2234[1].jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2235[1].jpg
    IMG_2235[1].jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2236[1].jpg
    IMG_2236[1].jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2237[1].jpg
    IMG_2237[1].jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2239[1].jpg
    IMG_2239[1].jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2240[1].jpg
    IMG_2240[1].jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 141
I love this color... especially on a NSX!

Back