• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

From 280HP to 365Hp 6throttle Kit?

I ran a similar system on a V-8 in a competition application; it was a great system and it did add HP; I don't believe it added 85HP. These system are intended for off road use and it was my experience that it did not like low RPM operation. I don't see this system as being "street friendly" to the demands of lower RPM operation and the necessity of adding an air cleaner. The use of the system is to allow the engine to breath easier if it is being restricted by your current intake system; this normally means a highly modified engine application.
I feel an induction system alone, other than FI or NO2, would be hard pressed to add 85 HP to 3.2 liter engine. I may be mistaken and would suggest calling Chris at SOS about your intended use for the system and get his read on it. He has always proved to be very helpful and informative as well as concerned with not selling you a system that is not right for your intended use. Be sure to let Chris know where and how you intend to use the system so he can make the right assesment.

Bob

That was my experience with a similar looking system; 8 individual throttle bodies with velocity stacks. The set-up had plenty of "eye appeal" and it loved high rpm but needed serious coaxing to run at the low end. Remember, my car was a V-8 and did not have v-tech; which meant it labored against all that valve timing overlap at low rpm. I still recommend calling Chris for a definitive answer about his system and the application it was designed for.

Bob

too bad the throttle bells can't telescope with RPM =)

khappucino said:
too bad the throttle bells can't telescope with RPM =)

Actually the "rule of thumb" is: the longer the stacks are better for mid-range RPM the shorter are better for high RPM. This may be a chance for a new invention; velocity stacks and exhaust headers that change length with the RPM to always be at the optimal tuned length. :rolleyes: :wink:

Bob

Tazz said:
Thank`s so you think it`s not a System for dayli cruising, only for the Track Race?
Quoted from your SOS link

"Due to the tuning and set up requirements of such a system, we do not recommend this system for street car use. An experienced installation & tuning facility is required."

Back