• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front coilover oil leak

I noticed the front coilover leaks oil. It is recurrently Type RA Tein. What are the best ones to replace them? And do I need to do the wheel balance after installation? Thanks a bunch

How do you drive the car, what goals for performance?

budget?

The simplest and very common change is just oem springs with Bilstein dampers. For a complete new setup folks find the KW a nice proven setup. I have the sakebomb Ohlin kit and really like it.

I have the GT but custom spring rate of 10/8 mm/kg...for you the best would be the Type R rates which are about 8/6

I noticed the front coilover leaks oil. It is recurrently Type RA Tein. What are the best ones to replace them? And do I need to do the wheel balance after installation? Thanks a bunch
Probably no wheel balancing; but, definitely a wheel alignment check.

Since you are spending the big coin for coil overs which allow for ride height adjustment, if you really are looking for the 'best' you might want to take advantage of that adjustment and have the corner weights checked - always done with you in the car or with sacks of potatoes of equal weight. You probably want to try and get the cross weights close to 50%. Others who have gone through the corner balance exercise can advise on what can be achieved without actually moving stuff around in the car.

let us know how you like em..

Hey Doc

I love my new Ohline coilovers. Softer ride. I have Les Schwab for wheel alignment but they don’t do corner balance (weight).

Is it a MUST to have corner balance??

Wouza that was fast...yes they are smooth! I did not corner balance..as long as your installer set ride height to the oem rake you should be good to rip and grip..

Back