• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Front License Plate Mounting

I just moved to NJ and must install front plates (State Law). The car didn't come with any mounting hardware for the font plates and the screw holes are not "standard width" to match with the NJ plates.

I called the local Acura dealer and they sell a NSX plate holder for $70 but no hardware w/ it.

Any help would help!
- Thanks,
- Sal

Sal:

Can't we just ban front license plates?

The four bolts you need to mount the license plate holder to the nose are identical to the bolts that are used to mount the chin spoiler. Maybe your dealer has some of these laying around?

[This message has been edited by nsxman (edited 14 February 2001).]

Your Acura parts dealer can get these parts for you, if they want to. In fact, I installed my own new front license plate holder with Acura hardware. I bought all necessary hardware from the parts department of a local San Diego Acura (Cush) dealer.

Because the parts guy didn't know exactly what hardware was necessary, he and I both carefully looked over his TV monitor screen that showed an exploded diagram of all the parts of the front of the car (bumper area). Once we found the part numbers, he looked in the inventory, found them, and sold them to me.

You should go back to your Acura parts office and ask to view the diagram with the parts guy. As I recall, there are two screws of one size and two screws of another size, or something like that.

Best luck.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

Sal,

Call Tracy at GUNN Acura: 1-800-328-4866. He will gladly help you out and give you a great discount. He is VERY thorough and will get you all the hardware, etc. He will mail order everything. I have used him for almost two years now.

HTH,
LarryB

I just moved to NJ and must install front plates (State Law).

It's state law in a lot of places where NSX owners don't use front plates. Don't make your car ugly. Just leave it off. The chances of getting anything other than a warning for it are slim to none.

The car didn't come with any mounting hardware for the font plates and the screw holes are not "standard width" to match with the NJ plates.

The screw holes are on the bracket and do match the NJ plates. There shouldn't be any visible. screw holes on the front bumper/air dam. The holes that the bracket mounts to are hidden underneath the air dam.

Back