• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front NSX Caliper rebuild kits ... ?

I found the cup/funnel pictures (at the bottom of the page): www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/brakes/overhaul/overhaul.htm

DSCN0021small.JPG

Honestly, I can only guess how Tom used them: I think one would put the plastic thing inside the boot and put the boot seal in the cylinder. Then slide the piston through the plastic thing and then slide the plastic thing out a bit and push the piston all the way in--sounds easy.

Note: there are two plastic things. Notice that one is slightly larger then the other—just like our front brake piston sizes. I think that one is for the smaller piston and the other is for the larger one.

DanO

Last edited:
I am glad you tried to explain this as I found these on your site and was just about dumbfounded as what this was all about. I have both front and rear setups just in from Japan according to Mark. Will probably try this next month after MazdaDrivers this weekend.

I ended up using a set of small right angle needle nose pliars to help spread the boot over the piston, and lubed it generously with oil. They slipped right on no problems.

Back