• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front suspension noise

Hello all,

My 1993 has a noise from the front suspension. Car has 121,000 miles, original parts (as far as i can tell). At low speeds, less than ten MPH, when going over an offset bump - right front at full droop - I can hear a "click". Not a heavy sound but noticeable. This is only when the right side drops; nothing when hitting a bump where both sides are affected.

Based on posts and Wiki-Info in this site the best money is on the drop link for the anti-roll bar. When I had some recent work done at the dealer I asked them to look into this. Their analysis was that the suspension arm(s) had a cracked bushing and would need full replacement since the components are not available separately. Their estimate was $6000 for the entire front end.

My BS detector is on full tilt but before I really go off the end I have questions: has anyone heard of "cracked bushings" related to suspension wear?

Thanks in advance for the feedback and commentary!

Kyle

I would do two things before going off the deep end; 1) lube your sway bar bushings, 2) replace the drop link(s). The drop links (51330-SL0-003) are expensive if you purchase them through Acura, however if you go to www.rockauto.com you can find them for $11.27. These are easily installed by yourself with the car up on ramps.

You didn't indicate which arm (upper or lower) the dealer indicated was the problem. Assuming it is a bushing, check with Cedar Ridge Fabrication regarding bushing replacement.

http://www.cedarridgefabrication.com/NSX_Suspension

Finally, find another dealer or repair shop.

I would do two things before going off the deep end; 1) lube your sway bar bushings, 2) replace the drop link(s). The drop links (51330-SL0-003) are expensive if you purchase them through Acura, however if you go to www.rockauto.com you can find them for $11.27. These are easily installed by yourself with the car up on ramps.

You didn't indicate which arm (upper or lower) the dealer indicated was the problem. Assuming it is a bushing, check with Cedar Ridge Fabrication regarding bushing replacement.

http://www.cedarridgefabrication.com/NSX_Suspension

Finally, find another dealer or repair shop.

I will do that, probably in the order stated! I am surprised that this is the dealer stating the above.

Kyle

Back