• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Frustrated in my NSX search

I had always wanted the red/black hardtop model 91-94 right from day one. So when I started my search about 2 years ago thats what i looked for. But then I strayed from my original target car and looked at black, yellow and silver colours and also liked the idea of a targa top version as well. I soon realized that getting a really nice shape yellow one was likely too much coin as I had a budget of around $30000.oo. to work with.
As I got more serious and had looked at a few I knew red was the only colour for me and after my wife jokingly said that if your buying a sports car it better be red or dont bring it home (i think she was actually serious)
i then focused on only that combination.
I finally found the one I had wanted in St louis, it was a very clean 1991 with a nice exhaust and up-graded wheels...exactly what i wanted. We talked some numbers as it was a little more then I initially wanted to spend but after thinking about for a while I decided to fly down and check it out. I called the dealer involved and was so dissapointed when he told me that i just missed out on the deal by a day that i felt really sick.
I moped around the rest of the day and went back on Prime fairly late that same evening and low and behold there was a new post for an even better version of the same car for less coin!
I then jumped on it, pm'ed the primer selling the car and basically made a deal within a day. The seller lived in Cincinatti and was kind enough to meet me half way as im from London, ontario.
the car looked great and checked out fine.
2 weeks later I got a buddy to drive me down to Cincinatti and we picked up the car, drove it back to Canada and got it plated for Ontario.
Brian from sourcensx may know this car as it was Blaines red/black 1991.
in the end I had stayed under my budget, got a great car that had some of the major services already completed and the exact colour combo i wanted. It really has only cost me a set of tires and alignment since i have had it and I couldn't be happier.
the right car is out there....just keep looking and when that `one' comes up
go for it!!!

eddy

Eddy, I do know the car very well. You got one heck of a gorgeous car! I always loved how clean that thing was. Blaine is a super good dude also. Congrats on finding it!

thanks Brian, once I had met Blaine i knew that all my time waiting for the right car had payed off as he really really had looked after the car and made my decision and easy one. It was truly a pleasure meeting with him.
eddy

Last edited:
I have owned 3 nsx and the black nsx I got had no maintenance history. That was a 91 with 65 k miles on it. That black nsx I put 50k miles on it and never once did it brake down. My point is that even if there is no history on maintenance it does not mean it did not have any. Best example is my nsx that I have now I lost all my papers that prove I do maintenance on it. All I have to prove it is that autowave did all my work and you could call them and ask. So maybe if you are so hard core about this just ask them for the Buber of the shop that did it. Would I buy another nsx with no maintenance history? Yes I would.

Hey

im pretty sure patience is a virtue when looking to buy an nsx ..just wait it out and the right car will be there for you in time.....

just think of it this way..at least your in a position to be looking to buy an nsx ....my day will come ..would love to be in your situation

Back