• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Full Convertible NSX - Spotted

I was cruising down the PCH this morning, right near the northern edge of Huntington Beach, and watched a fully convertible red NSX swing by me and make a left heading towards the 405 freeway.

I think I did about a quadruple-take before I convinced myself that is was indeed an NSX. From the front, I though...well, the nose looks like the NSX, and sometimes F355's can look that way from a distance...and this is a convertible.

Nope. Full convertible, with the top down. Looked like a decent conversion, with the assembly folded down behind the cockpit. Couldn't tell what year it was as it slid by, didn't get a chance to check the wheels (easiest sign).

Oh well. Anyone seen something like this before? Couldn't believe it when I saw it, but it most certainly was an NSX...just chopped a bit
smile.gif

Yeah, wish I could have gotten a closer look at it, maybe I'll see it around again.

I don't know why you'd do this to the car, since you can get a better convertible elsewhere that is designed for it. I'd hate to think what kind of structural re-inforcments would have to be made.

Ice-T services his NSX at Acura of Santa Monica. I saw it there and person and got a very good look at it (about 30 minutes).
biggrin.gif

His looks outstanding, but it may be because of all the other modifications. He has a wide body kit on the car which makes the convertible look much better as it widens the rear considerably. I wouldn't do it for performance reasons, but I guess if you have the car for pimping and don't mind the safety risk...

There were pics of it posted on this site some time ago.

Back