• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Future NSX buyer - looking at a car that's "out of snap ring range" -what?

I'm going to be going to look at a 91 NSX that has DALI performance chip, comptech exhaust, and a new clutch... and the owner mentioned something about the car not being within snap ring range... what does this mean? I've read you all talking about it and I'm still a bit unclear.

Also, about the DALI performance chip, what does this do to the performance? What kind of increases should I expect from this along with the comptech exhaust? Thanks for the help and info!
http://www.angelfire.com/music/electro/images/nsx/info.html - check out pictures of my future car! sweeet looking...

ALSO is there anything I need to know about the 91 model? the owner has told me he has done the coolant recall - and has had Acura do an inspection with a report I can see when I go look at the car this weekend... Are there any other skeletons in the trunk? [even if one wouldn't fit, i'm sure *someone* could get one in there provided they do some planning
redface.gif
P ] Thanks

-Electro

From what I've read and heard..the Dali chip increases 16hp and 11 or 12 torque at wheel.
Although it's hard to believe a single chip, not even the whole computer can increase that much hp, I'm planning to get one for myself.
As the picture of your future NSX has shown, the exterior and interior are both in excellent condition.

Electro - I suggest looking through the FAQ, it will answer most of your questions. The snap ring issue is under Troubleshooting / Transmission. Additional things to consider can be found under Buy/Sell / Purchase Process and Used Checklist

ALSO is there anything I need to know about the 91 model?

If the window regulators haven't been replaced, you'll want to get and install the inexpensive Dali "window fix-it thingies" to avoid an expensive repair.

Aside from the snap ring issue, that's really the only major concern.

Hello. At 82k miles I am sure the timing belt and water pump has been replaced, but double check to make sure. Also, make sure the clutch feels ok, both of these routine maintence things are big bucks to do. Along with those, a few other things to check would be the radio and speakers (obviously). The early cars (or maybe it's all year models)have a problem with the amps in the Bose speakers going bad. Not a major thing but, figure about $100 (give or take) per speaker to fix. The reason I am mentioning all of this is because I just recently purchased a 91 that needed "a few small things", speakers, trunk shocks, rear glass shocks, window fix, etc. and these things add up. Just my 2cents. Congrats on your new car, it is absolutely beautiful.

------------------
Jason

Back