• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Future NSX owner's dilema...need advice

Although I may be 3 full years away from owning the NSX, I wonder about a few things; like what year I would like to have and what slight modifications I might do to it...So I have decided on either getting a 1994 NSX which has the updated wheels and it's in coupe form, or go for the '97 which in my mind was a "mini redesign" of the NSX...If I got the '94 I would add Comptech I/H/E, and hopefully bump the horsepower to 295-300....But if I got the 1997 (assuming it's stock) I would just leave it alone because it's got the 290hp and 6 speed, and some other updates....I would think the 1994 would cost less than the 1997, but is it worth paying extra to get the '97? The budget I have set can't exceed 40K.

Anyway, humor me guys...If Acura decides to make the next gen TL a rear wheel drive 270hp monster I might opt for that as well...For now I'll have to stare brochures and NSX posters on my wall...

If you're three years away, don't worry about it. Too many things can change between now and then - in the car market as well as your own personal situation.

I just got a '94. Its great, but I wanted a '97 too. Prices are way out of my range on the '97s so I went with my second choice ('93s and '94s were realistically my only choice). In 3 years it will surely be different. I'd really like the 6-speed and the extra hp, but I can't remember if you can get the '97 in coupe form.

You won't be unhappy with a '94. Its great. The gearing is a little tall and the clutch is typical of the earlier cars, but I love it. From what I hear the '97 and newer cars are fantastic, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I had to have one and I love it more every day. Don't wait. Sell your soul like me. You'll thank me for it.

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black
No mods yet. HID on order. Needs wheels!
Performance upgrades coming as soon as I can scrape up the cash! Donations much appreciated!!

Check out our website at http://www.hrewheels.com

I can't remember if you can get the '97 in coupe form.

You can, but with only four coupes sold in '97, finding one is like looking for a needle in a haystack, and if you do, it may sell at a premium over an NSX-T.

I will try really hard to get a 1997 NSX, because that's what I've had in mind this whole time...I have found '97 X's going for 54K on some car sites, and I pray that I find one below 40K three years from now...Only time will tell...

well guess what.. the needle is found.

1994 1 of only 4!white/black automatic dealer serviced,cd,wholesale priced!!35,900!!!!!call mike 315 789 2767 geneva ny

DOH! I will be buying an NSX in 2 years..

Current Cars
1998 3000 GT SL (modified black 5-speed)
1998 Black Ford Explorer Sport
(Future NSX Owner)
[email protected]

well guess what.. the needle is found.

There's nothing unusual about that car. There are plenty of '91-94 coupes for sale at any particular time. Dealers trump up the fact that a car is "1 of 4" but the only reason it's 1 of 4 is because of the relatively rare color and the automatic transmission. IOW it's not very likely that someone would be LOOKING FOR a white/black '94 automatic and unwilling to take a different color/year/etc, so who cares whether it's 1 of 4? There were 512 NSX's sold in '94, of which 66 had automatics.

You had been asking about a '97, which contains the 3.2-liter engine, six-speed transmission, etc - regardless of color. Finding a '97 coupe IS like looking for a needle in a haystack (although the 50 '99 coupes, the Zanardis, are not that hard to find).

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 31 August 2001).]

Sorry just trying to help out.. the 1 of 4 jumped out at me when I looked at the board.

I personally like the Sebring Silver color..

..at 23 insurance would suck on an NSX.. I will be married soon and figure by the time Im 25-26 it will be more reasonable.

(It actually pretty insane for my 3000GT)

I'd go with the 94. The last year of the true lightweight NSX coupe. Sure, the 97 has a bigger engine and brakes, but it's heaver too. If you have followed the evolution of the 911, you will see a similar pattern - more features = more weight, so we have to add more HP to make up for it....!

Back