• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage Floor Ideas for my new home?

You know it's been so long I honestly can't remember exactly how much they were. But they weren't unreasonably expensive. For some reason I'm thinking somewhere around $1 per tile. Although at the time I had to special order them from somewhere, but I think now they are pretty ubiquitous and probably cheaper. They are a tile that's made to look like a wood floor so from back up it's hard to tell which it is. They've held up better than I could ever expect. No crack, chips or stains. I even once dropped a socket wrench on one and it held up just fine. :smile: I think the key is that they are a smaller tile and less prone to cracking.

You know it's been so long I honestly can't remember exactly how much they were. But they weren't unreasonably expensive. For some reason I'm thinking somewhere around $1 per tile. Although at the time I had to special order them from somewhere, but I think now they are pretty ubiquitous and probably cheaper. They are a tile that's made to look like a wood floor so from back up it's hard to tell which it is. They've held up better than I could ever expect. No crack, chips or stains. I even once dropped a socket wrench on one and it held up just fine. :smile: I think the key is that they are a smaller tile and less prone to cracking.

Have you tried jack stands or anything like that on them?

Yep, jack stands, floor jacks, you name it. Not even a scratch. :smile:

Anymore details on what that tile was or where you bought it from? I'd like to research it further as a possibility. It looks great and sounds like it meets the durability test. :)

Anymore details on what that tile was or where you bought it from? I'd like to research it further as a possibility. It looks great and sounds like it meets the durability test. :)

If you PM me your address, I'll mail you out a spare one I have. :smile:

Back