• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage Tiles : Just Finished !

Thanks. I had the garage built so that one door opens behind the NSX and one in front of the NSX so I don't have to reverse. Notice the NSX is the everyday car.

What kind of tiles are those? I've been considering doing something like this too.

wow, can i pay rent and live in there??? that's nicer than my apartment :p

They're porcelain tiles (G5): The tiles are rated G1 to G5. The G5 has the most density. I would recommend anything above G4. I needed it to support more than 7000 lbs (Hummer).

Very nice! Now I'm convinced I want to do tile.

Also how do you like your BMW? I'm thinking of picking one up too.

Can you roll a floor jack on the tiles. I was wondering if the wheels would get caught on the edges. Looks Great!!!

Source for Tiles

Tiles like this (but only in black and white colors) are available from Griot's garage. My garage which is 550 sq. ft. priced out at $7,000 in materials alone. I bought epoxy paint instead! I have seen this effect created inexpensively in paint by masking and using black and white paint. I bought the standard grey stuff for my garage.

1) Yes, you can roll a Jack on the tile, but noisy.
2) The BMW R1200c motorcycle has better quality than an NSX.
(too slow, but reliable, comfortable and has ABS)
3) Griot overcharges for tile. I looked into it. Black and white tiles have a great theme, but did not match the house well.
4) I will have to get the car lift after one more car (? if next NSX).

I guess I was not clear...more coffee!!! (for me, not you)
Can you roll the jack with the car on it without getting caught on the tile? I use this technique to swing a car 90° in the garage for long term repair/storage.

I watched a show on travel channel or something.. "Extreme Garages". It was totally amazing. One day I hope to have an extreme garage :)

btw, nice garage.. love the cars.

Thanks for the replys. You can roll a jack with car on tile, but I would recommend keeping the tiles no more than a milimeter apart (similar to the spacing used on marble tiles). Good eye on noticing the "justification" poster. I believe we all had similar posters growing up, such as the 6' giant red Lamorghini Countach, the rear end of a Porsche 911 turbo,
original Charle's angels, etc.

Nice! very nice!

note to myself: built garage like Choice.

nice garage, it looks like the one from the xmen 1 movie.

jean grey "whats wrong?" looks at cyclops..
Cyclops; "where's my motorcycle?"

oh ps i hate you ;)

Back