• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Garage

I live in Chicago and have been suffering garage envy for the 15 plus years we have been here (1 car garage for our condo).
I had searched for years for more and better parking (had been renting a 2 car garage and floating the fourth car).
We purchased a building with a 5 car garage last year and it is finally ready to use.
About 950 SF with no poles.
Replaced the existing doors with nice roller doors and had the exterior trim done.
Had the ceiling and rear wall finished, left the end walls in masonry to maintain some garage feel.
Added LED lighting, nothing fancy.
Also went with an epoxy floor.

Attachments

• IMG_1193.jpg
    IMG_1193.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 56
Nice! Sure you’ll love the space. Just try not to fill it up with stuff. I look at pics of mine when new and now think were did all this stuff come from. And it’s hard to get rid of it. I try occasionally and make some headway - and I’m by no means a hoarder.

Thanks
I just plan to get a few small Snap On cabinets, a couple of chairs a little fridge and an espresso maker
Really just a place to park and an occasional car wash without any one bothering me

I'm sure that kinda space is not common in the city limits...an advantage of being In RE already..With 2 teenagers my 1100 sq ft is full of stuff, and a whole bunch of wheels/parts from 27 years in the nsx game. Think about getting a lift.

Wow that's some "cityscape" behind your building.

LOVE the roller doors, lighting, and epoxy floor. Congrats on finding it and making it yours ✔️

I am envious. Lots of space, nice and clean. I would make that my man cave! Lifts suck, takes forever to jockey stuff around.

I am envious. Lots of space, nice and clean. I would make that my man cave! Lifts suck, takes forever to jockey stuff around.
Yes, this will be my man cave.
My contractor has already started with the don’t you want to put this or that in it.
Today they poured a nice concrete apron so I don’t have to drive through the 3 ft formerly unpaved area between the alley and the garage going forward.
Sunline, you build luxury homes and can build yourself a car villa or retreat. What are the most memorable car oriented spaces you have built for clients?

I thought the lift was a time suck too before I owned one...

Back