• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauge Pod Solution

Hello,

I have been searching Prime and the internet for a good steering column solution for gauge pods. Anyone out there have an idea of what will work? I have looked at the A Pillar and the ash tray solutions but not sure those two options are really the best.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
I think a lot of folks are using the Nav Pod also.

Hello,

I have been searching Prime and the internet for a good steering column solution for gauge pods. Anyone out there have an idea of what will work? I have looked at the A Pillar and the ash tray solutions but not sure those two options are really the best.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff the A pillar is the most visible location and very functional although a bit ricey. The ashtray is total stealth. What's wrong with these solutions? What is it you don't like? What gauges are you trying to display anyway?

As of this moment I have 9 gauges, 8 of which are going in the center console. I will be working on this next few weekends. The NSX is short on space.

Jeff the A pillar is the most visible location and very functional although a bit ricey. The ashtray is total stealth. What's wrong with these solutions? What is it you don't like? What gauges are you trying to display anyway?

As of this moment I have 9 gauges, 8 of which are going in the center console. I will be working on this next few weekends. The NSX is short on space.

Hi Dave,

Just testing the water on ideas other than what is out there currently. The A-pillar is a bit rice rice baby and it does work. The ashtray area was a concern because of taking eyes off the road. I have seen a number of pics here on Prime regarding the ashtray area. I have also seen gauges in the air vent area too. Still not sure. I plan on tracking my NSX once my CTSC is installed.

I picked up Shaylords two AEM Serial gauges and was thinking of where to place them in the car.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jeff this is what you need to do, I will simplify it for you. You need this:

gaugemountwgauges_800.jpg

One of these:

41XPMicKqbL._SY300_.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NDBgSJwzIyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And one of these:

27c07191-9918-4e73-bbab-a6abc33c99e7-420.jpg

Functionality shown on center gauge. You have low, mid, high, and alarm points with flash. So you don't have to keep your eye on it (or on the AEM)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5n3gqhfHiqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buy here:

http://thmotorsports.com/stack/stack_gauges_procontrol/st3506/i-394496.aspx

You will also need a bung welded into your exhaust for the AFR (standard 02 bung) and you will need this for the fuel pressure which attaches to the top of the fuel filter at an OEM location.

rus-640700_w_ml.jpg

Buy here:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-640700?seid=srese1&gclid=CPj8gOP9or8CFQxp7AodfEUAYA

You will need to hold the nut on top of the fuel filter located on the right side of the engine bay near the firewall (nut is on the fuel filter body directly under the banjo bolt).... before you loosen the entire banjo bolt. Torque to spec.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave, I'll start researching these products. Will post pics when the install and setup are complete. :smile:

Jeff the autometer elite is the same as the stack pro control but has a red needle that better matches the oem needles. Both light up red. The fail safe comes with silver and black bezels. The autometer has a silver bezel. The stack a black bezel.

I know I went nuts. I have a tendency to go overboard. But... better to be informed than not. Then I got to a point where I need one more for symmetry and cosmetic reasons and I got a volt gauge... LOL... but hey it is more accurate and it does warn on any low or high condition. I don't need to stare at any of mine they all are warning gauges. I just need to make sure the color is not flashing or changing. Easy peasy.

I have:

Two AEM failsafes. This is boost and AFR, one per bank.
These are all STACK:

Oil temp
Oil pressure
Fuel Pressure
Exhaust gas temperature showing overall health of combustion not just lean or rich (will be more useful when I go turbo)
Coolant temp
Volts

and I am about to add a SPA dual IAT gauge.

I just got my SOS console so am about to cut and fit all of these. I have no radio. Just my phone and a bluetooth mini speaker. I shelved the stereo project for weight reasons.

Back