• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gen2 Horn Embarrassment...

Is anybody else embarrassed to hit the horn on your "17 NSX?
Any worthy replacements out there?
I wonder if there's room for an air compressor up front...?

Probably get a quicker answer if you post your question in the Second Generation Section.

I thought my Gen 1 was pretty wimpy so upgraded it. Then one delivered I found the Gen 2 to be significantly worse. (Baby road runner?) I upgraded each by Adding (vs replacing) a very compact and 120 dB horn. The OEM horn triggers the relay which then powers the addition directly off the battery. So the OEMs and Sound Bobm both operate together. The horn I added is a very compact air horn - compressor and horn all in one smallish package. Danali Sound Bomb. It was designed for use on motorcycles and hence why compact. Though they do also offfer it in a 2 piece format, the one piece fits fine. I got them from Twisted Throttle. Though not required, I’d suggest the optional relay and wiring package to make it easiler and more proper.
BTW
I recently took delivery of my 2018 Gold Wing and was amazed on how loud its horn is. Can’t understand why Honda did not consider using same or similar on the Gen 2 NSX?!

I thought my Gen 1 was pretty wimpy so upgraded it. Then one delivered I found the Gen 2 to be significantly worse. (Baby road runner?) I upgraded each by Adding (vs replacing) a very compact and 120 dB horn. The OEM horn triggers the relay which then powers the addition directly off the battery. So the OEMs and Sound Bobm both operate together. The horn I added is a very compact air horn - compressor and horn all in one smallish package. Danali Sound Bomb. It was designed for use on motorcycles and hence why compact. Though they do also offfer it in a 2 piece format, the one piece fits fine. I got them from Twisted Throttle. Though not required, I’d suggest the optional relay and wiring package to make it easiler and more proper.
BTW
I recently took delivery of my 2018 Gold Wing and was amazed on how loud its horn is. Can’t understand why Honda did not consider using same or similar on the Gen 2 NSX?!

This. Will attempt to install after the recall work is completed next week.

Gary, did you fabricate a bracket or get one off the shelf?

69df94d18af0acbc33445eaa6eaf6452.jpg

Sound Bomb Installed on '17 NSX

And here's pix of mine done quite some time ago.
Since then it GET's Noticed Audibly... as well a VISUALLY

DSBon '17 NSX-2 IMG_6504.jpg

DSB on '17 NSX-1 IMG_6505.jpg

Last edited:
I fabricated a bracket for each car. On the Gen 2 I cut a piece of AL threshold I had. Then drilled holes to allign with horn mounting and with the existing threaded inserts on that cross member as seen in pix. Thought of painting it black but then felt the bare extruded AL looked fine.

Back