• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

General G max A/S o5 tires

Does anyone use these , i,am between the Conti dws06 and the general G max a/s 05 . I have had hankook RS 3 and RS4 s for 12 years , I'am looking for a better riding tire for all year application. . . I actually have a brand new set of Hankook RS3 215 -45 16 for the front . I dont track the car,just drive it on weekends and the hankooks ride hard in the cooler weather ,which is expected . The guy i deal for tires convinced me to put generals on my 2017 CRV ,i was hesitant(felt they were to low price for a tire ) ,told if i dont like them he will swap them out for something else , their very nice tire ,no problem .I do not price shop on tires , pay cash and iam gone, done .This guy sells more tires weekly than most tire shops in Westchester co.Any thoughts ?

I'm between the Conti dws06 and the general G max a/s 05 as well. Problem is, both of these tires have a load index of 83 for the fronts and OEM's are 86 so Discount Tire refused to install the dws06 for me today (rears would not be an issue). So if anyone is currently running one of these two tires, could you chime in and let me know where and how you got them installed? Is a local tire install shop likely to look the other way or not care about the load index being below what it should be?

total mental masturbation , there is no problem , the difference between the load index is nothing . I have a friend who has a tire evaluation engineering company , he laughed . The sales person does not under stand load index (83w -86w), nor do most of the people in the tire retail business , its all about CYA . Generals or the Contis will be fine

Does anyone use these , i,am between the Conti dws06 and the general G max a/s 05 . I have had hankook RS 3 and RS4 s for 12 years , I'am looking for a better riding tire for all year application. . . I actually have a brand new set of Hankook RS3 215 -45 16 for the front . I dont track the car,just drive it on weekends and the hankooks ride hard in the cooler weather ,which is expected . The guy i deal for tires convinced me to put generals on my 2017 CRV ,i was hesitant(felt they were to low price for a tire ) ,told if i dont like them he will swap them out for something else , their very nice tire ,no problem .I do not price shop on tires , pay cash and iam gone, done .This guy sells more tires weekly than most tire shops in Westchester co.Any thoughts ?

I know several sports car owners who use the AS-05 here in Colorado, including one NSX owner. Our weather is so variable that for many months out of the year one day it might be 80 and sunny and the next day it could be 30 and blizzarding (especially up in the mountains where all the fun roads are). So, a lot of sports car guys here will run high-performance all season tires since you don't want to be caught out there on summer tires when the ice hits. Yeah you lose a second on the track, but who cares- your car won't go spinning off the road when it snows. Trade offs lol. I'd say the AS-05 is more prevalent than the DWS and everyone that runs the Generals loves them.

I'm between the Conti dws06 and the general G max a/s 05 as well. Problem is, both of these tires have a load index of 83 for the fronts and OEM's are 86 so Discount Tire refused to install the dws06 for me today (rears would not be an issue). So if anyone is currently running one of these two tires, could you chime in and let me know where and how you got them installed? Is a local tire install shop likely to look the other way or not care about the load index being below what it should be?

I had the same issue with Discount Tire. My solution, I removed the wheels and brought them to DT and had them install the tires. No problem and they didn't question my request. Yes, a bit of a hassle but as others have indicated a total CYA on DT's part.

Honcho is right

Had the General Gmax 's installed , no problems , ride is improved and quiet ( best I can tell after 50 years of impact guns ,racing engines , takes a toll on your hearing . My wife is my co-pilot and she felt much better ride , no problem hearing Yankee games on radio ( although she is now a Phillies Fan because yankees got rid of Joe Girardi and he's now Phillies coach .

Back