• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Georges St. Pierre

By far the best Canadian male athlete. Best fight ever for GSP.

I don't think he will fight silva. But that's just me.

GSP plays it too safe and it makes him a very boring fighter to watch. There are many instances when the opponent would be open for a sub, but its semi risky. GSP would just lay on him and put in a few punches to get points.

Don't get me wrong, he dominates everyone but in a point fighting style.

I don't believe he played it safe at all this fight. He stood up with Carlos and exchanged plenty of punches. He knows exactly when to jab. He picks the perfect holes and he nailed him almost everytime. He also was able to take Carlos to the ground 7 times and dominated on the ground. I'm sure he could have submitted him if he had the chance but they were both covered in blood which would make it hard.

Although I do agree with you he has had some boring fights. This one however was t boring at all.

.....plus he had'nt been in the octagon for what 18 months,and he had the nagging doubts about his acl.....so he went 5 rounds with a very tough guy...not bad.

...not bad.

images

**SPOILER**

It was definitely an exciting fight. Loved the third round. Can't believe 2 of the judges scored it 50-45, though. 49-46 in my book. Job well done, GSP.

GSPs main game is his take-down. If someone wants to beat him, they need to take him down FIRST.

images

**SPOILER**

It was definitely an exciting fight. Loved the third round. Can't believe 2 of the judges scored it 50-45, though. 49-46 in my book. Job well done, GSP.

That's 1 point off per person. Do you really sit there and count points at home?

doesn't everyone?

It was a great fight and GSP is one bad dude to be so clean of all the bad stereo type garbage that goes with stardom

I think there are a few hockey players who are better. But he could probably beat Celine Dion. Where is celebrity death match when you need it?
Miner

Its like compairing apples to oranges. Altholugh GSP isnt just a certian style fighter, he knows all different types of fighting styles. A hockey player can............................ just play hockey.

That's 1 point off per person. Do you really sit there and count points at home?

i like to pay attention to how the fighters perform in each round.

anyways, round 3 shouldn't have been 10-9 in favor of GSP. I could see 9-9, but not 10-9.

Its like compairing apples to oranges. Altholugh GSP isnt just a certian style fighter, he knows all different types of fighting styles. A hockey player can............................ just play hockey.

Perhaps. But your original statement was that GSP was the best male Canadien athlete.
anywho, i might still put my money on Patrick Roy as a better fighter, especially if he can wear his pads. Plus he has 25 lbs on GSP. :wink:

Perhaps. But your original statement was that GSP was the best male Canadien athlete.
anywho, i might still put my money on Patrick Roy as a better fighter, especially if he can wear his pads. Plus he has 25 lbs on GSP. :wink:

There is at least one former Hockey enforcer who tried his hand at MMA, I don't recall the name though. He didn't do as terribly as some of the people who thought "well I fight good in this sport, I can MMA good too!"

James Tony comes to mind.

I mus be to young to know who James tony is lol.

I mus be to young to know who James tony is lol.

James Tony is a heavy-weight boxer and title holder who decided to give MMA a try, and due to his big name (and hilariously bizarre trash talking) was signed by the UFC. They had originally intended for him to have several fights, but he was beaten so easily by Randy Couture during his debut fight, that he was let go immediately afterwards.

This happened in 2010.

Maybe it happened because they put him against randy lol

I've met him. He's not just a great fighter, he is very intelligent and a great person. He is my favorite UFC fighter. Represents the sport very well.

I've met him. He's not just a great fighter, he is very intelligent and a great person. He is my favorite UFC fighter. Represents the sport very well.

what do you think his walking around weight is?

what do you think his walking around weight is?

Before he was in full training mode and was helping train my friend for his fight, he got on the gym scale and was at 203. That was a few years ago. Mind you he was still looking lean. Most fighters are quite a bit heavier than their fighting class weight.

he is well muscled then for his height....you have to be a special human to cut 15% bodyweight for a fight and still function.

Back