• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Georges St. Pierre

he is well muscled then for his height....you have to be a special human to cut 15% bodyweight for a fight and still function.

On fight day he probably goes in at 180-185.

Weigh ins are the day before, not fight day. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

On fight day he probably goes in at 180-185.

Weigh ins are the day before, not fight day. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

you are correct,but most of the immediate weight gain(after weigh in) is water .....

The whole weigh-in the day before is total bogus, has been for years. Some guys cut a lot, and it is dangerous, it should be a pre-fight weigh-in and that's it.

Last edited:
The whole weigh-in the day before is total bogus, has been for years. Some guys cut a lot, and it is dangerous, it should be a pre-fight weigh-in and that's it.

I agree. I was at a local fight 2 weeks ago and was talking to one of the fighters. He said he weighed-in at 185 and before the fight he was 210 :eek:. How is that fair if his opponent was still at 185 during the fight.

I agree. I was at a local fight 2 weeks ago and was talking to one of the fighters. He said he weighed-in at 185 and before the fight he was 210 :eek:. How is that fair if his opponent was still at 185 during the fight.

It works like wrestling...if you walk around at 150lbs your gonna probably fighting at 135lbs weight class to be competitive.

Back