• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

German Parking Garage

LJSB

Suspended
Now this looks like the solution to parking lot vandals and door dings.

Last edited:
I love it! Wonder what that costs taxpayers?

The Kid said:
I love it! Wonder what that costs taxpayers?

If I'm not mistaken, I think that is the onsite storage facility at the VW factory in Germany.

latzke said:
I've never seen that round one...looks neat.

Oh, found info on snopes...
http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/parkade.asp

Here is a video of a less-elegant-looking system (but one able to process several cars at a time)...
http://www.robopark.com/video/cnn_bb.wmv

Really cool. Whenever I go to a garage I pay for 2 spaces so I can park in the middle and not get dings. The attendants look at me like I have two heads when I say "I need two spaces please".

I don't like attendants taking my car either. Last time this guy insisted, I said OK and he didn't know how to use keyless-go in my MB and couldn't start the car. Finaly he got out and let me do it.

These garages solve all the problems!

TURBO2GO said:
Really cool. Whenever I go to a garage I pay for 2 spaces so I can park in the middle and not get dings. The attendants look at me like I have two heads when I say "I need two spaces please".

I don't like attendants taking my car either. Last time this guy insisted, I said OK and he didn't know how to use keyless-go in my MB and couldn't start the car. Finaly he got out and let me do it.

These garages solve all the problems!

I love the keyless-go system. I wish there was an aftermarket system based off that for the NSX.

gives me the spins....

09.jpg

that's classic!:smile:

Phaeton plant is Dresden. I beleive the large glass cylinder is a parking area. Inside and out.

Attachments

• Dresden_1.jpg
    Dresden_1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Storage.jpg
    Storage.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 207
This circular style garage is COMMON in Germany, every car dealership uses them in Germany especially in downtown Frankfurt, even the smar car dealership. The lotise dealership had the same, the only one I think didn't use them was the ferrari, lambo, and maserati dealership.

It is indeed the VW Factory in Dresden.

btcog82 said:
This circular style garage is COMMON in Germany, every car dealership uses them in Germany especially in downtown Frankfurt, even the smar car dealership. The lotise dealership had the same, the only one I think didn't use them was the ferrari, lambo, and maserati dealership.
Common, because Smart uses them in Frankfurt? Eh.. ok...

whealy said:
Phaeton plant is Dresden. I beleive the large glass cylinder is a parking area. Inside and out.
I'm in Dresden ~ 10 times a year - one of those things you always mean to do (visit the VW plant) but never get around to because there's always another time!
I need to "Just do it!"

Nice solution! :) Just my two cents: Just imagine a software error and you park your NSX and get a VW Beetle back. :( Orelse you get a Lamborghini back. Much better way. :D

Nice. I really like the circular concept thus allowing an attendant to enter and exit more easily.

I don't know about that contraption but I am LIKING the driver!!!!

Back