• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Get Married - Yeah or Nay?

I have been married and I would...

• ...never do it again

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • ...only do it again with a great pre-nup

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • ...look forward to doing it again, with the right chick

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • ...CAN'T WAIT to do it again. Being single and 40+ sucks.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Tabasco Sauce - After having sex pour Tabasco sauce into the used condom.

Eddy,

this stuff is funny but so true.... but someone please explain the tabasco thing to me! :confused:

I see. That being said, does this force you to define which assets are whose? Are there no joint assets? Or would those be split evenly?

What she owned before we got married belongs to her and what I own belongs to me. Any RE we buy together is held in a corp or LLC that we each own 50% of, so that is already split evenly. We each make and are responsible to pay our own bills. I paid for all the household bills when she was in college and now she pays all those bills for the same time period which expires at the end of 2008. After that all the household bills will be split 50/50. The biggest expense coming for us is going to be the baby. Health insurance is f---ing outragous.

What she owned before we got married belongs to her and what I own belongs to me. Any RE we buy together is held in a corp or LLC that we each own 50% of, so that is already split evenly. We each make and are responsible to pay our own bills. I paid for all the household bills when she was in college and now she pays all those bills for the same time period which expires at the end of 2008. After that all the household bills will be split 50/50. The biggest expense coming for us is going to be the baby. Health insurance is f---ing outragous.

Gotcha. Thanks for the insight!

having just started the process of divorce....
marriage is not for the faint-hearted, or
for those afflicted by any glibness.

mine is tragic, and i worry for my kids,
still beautiful through this, they remain.
my fortunes are scattered, and all else
on the table, ready to be carved out by
legal surgeons and liquidators...
parasites!

an incredible pain.
i reserve any further comments for now. :[

parasites!

an incredible pain.

Sorry to hear that. She will have a hard time finding a guy as interesting as you seem to be.

Maybe you will have some extra time now to send letters to Honda asking for a new NSX.

parasites!

an incredible pain.

It hurts big time !!! It's normal, don't worry, your kids are not losing their dad--it's an adjustment....When I got divorced, the pain was really bad, but, less than a year later, I was having the time of my life in Venezuela, wondering why I didn't get divorced sooner.

Im the nice young age of 24 and already I've experienced how treacherous some girls can be and its really opened my eyes to everything. It takes 2 to tango and with all the demands and pressures in life now its very hard to keep something strong. However, i know a few girls that would be great wives, but the attraction isn't there. From this thread i think im going to hang out to my youth and freedom a little while longer. I always got my true gf, the NSX, and a mistress on the side(R1). Life is grand!

Im the nice young age of 24 and already I've experienced how treacherous some girls can be and its really opened my eyes to everything. It takes 2 to tango and with all the demands and pressures in life now its very hard to keep something strong. However, i know a few girls that would be great wives, but the attraction isn't there. From this thread i think im going to hang out to my youth and freedom a little while longer. I always got my true gf, the NSX, and a mistress on the side(R1). Life is grand!

If you wanta be happy for the rest of your life never make a ........

But she sure can cook!

Ill keep it short

A few years ago I was stupid and thoughtthe world of how great it would be someday to get married, but a few years of seeing and hearing about peoples lives being destroyed and taken from them because "she" didnt love him anymore opened my eyes. That said, I am rather religous and see it as a Holy sacrimony, HOWEVER I will NEVER get legally married EVER. Ill marry in front of God and give my word to Him, but I will never put myself in a situation to have someone virtually rob me blind by way of the court. I wont even chance it with a prenup, those dont always work. Sadly, I can see why OJ went nuts, she took his money, his kids, his Ferrari, his home, and went living the life he made for her on his dime. To me shes nothing but a glorified theif who did nothing for what she got and was abeded by the government saying its all ok.
Why would anyone enter into anykind of partnership when one person brings almost everything to the table and puts all that up to chance just on a verbal agreement to never leave and take all they can on a whim?

one question I have, for all those that say theres no reason to marry aside from wanting to have kids, why is that?? The kids will still have the same mommy and daddy, their names just wont be the same. Is there any other reason to possibly get legally married besides the name?

Shouldn't is the key word here.

Thing is, money has always been regarded as one of the top reasons for divorce, up there with infidelity. Recent reports try to detract from that but its all propaganda. Seriously, if money wasn't important during the marriage, why in the hell is everyone kicking and screaming about who gets what when the divorce papers are served? :rolleyes:

the top three reasons are arguements about

money
kids
sex

I got my plan laid out

Money, whats mine is mine and yours is your. We can work out the mutal expendatures before we even agree to buy it. Like a home. If that case if we dontmake similar amount split it like the house and senate. Say the mortage is 2k/month and we make 100k/yr 70me/30her split the 2k into 1k each. We both pay half (senate) and on the other 1k we split it based on income 700/300 (house of reps) And that would be generous on my part cause I dont want or care about a house. I just need a big place to park all my cars :)
Kids, none, simple. IF we did, we would discuss how everything was to be in detail beforehand, if we cant agree then no kids or maybe no marriage
sex everyday and a few times a day, no discussion. Too many times do I hear other talk of how it went from 2-3 times a day when dating to 2-3 times a week after 2 years of marriage. And U will NEVER put up with someone using sex as a weapon, period! You do that and Im out the door that night. If we're not gettin along and theres not fire that one thing, but to withhold/ use as a weapon and its over immeditaly!

one question I have, for all those that say theres no reason to marry aside from wanting to have kids, why is that?? The kids will still have the same mommy and daddy, their names just wont be the same. Is there any other reason to possibly get legally married besides the name?

You sound just like I did for many years.

If you have kids and you die and your married your family will be able to support itself. BTW, I did not realize the importance of this until last week when in the doctors office and seeing my baby on the 3d imaging. It changed the way I felt about a lot of things. As soon as I saw the baby I started thinking of all the stuff I have to do to get ready for my guest who I have never met and is coming to visit forever. In the past when friends would tell me about having kids I would think, stupid idiot, do you know you just ruined your chance of having any type of life, do you know you are now stuck with this girl for at least 18 years or your financially screwed, YOU IDIOT what could you possible be thinking...now I know what they could be thinking something that is impossible to even fathom unless you are in their shoes.

If you ever have kids come back and post on this thread. I bet you will feel differently.

the top three reasons are arguements about

money
kids
sex

I got my plan laid out

Money, whats mine is mine and yours is your. We can work out the mutal expendatures before we even agree to buy it. Like a home. If that case if we dontmake similar amount split it like the house and senate. Say the mortage is 2k/month and we make 100k/yr 70me/30her split the 2k into 1k each. We both pay half (senate) and on the other 1k we split it based on income 700/300 (house of reps) And that would be generous on my part cause I dont want or care about a house. I just need a big place to park all my cars :)
Kids, none, simple. IF we did, we would discuss how everything was to be in detail beforehand, if we cant agree then no kids or maybe no marriage
sex everyday and a few times a day, no discussion. Too many times do I hear other talk of how it went from 2-3 times a day when dating to 2-3 times a week after 2 years of marriage. And U will NEVER put up with someone using sex as a weapon, period! You do that and Im out the door that night. If we're not gettin along and theres not fire that one thing, but to withhold/ use as a weapon and its over immeditaly!

When you get a little older having sex everyday and a few times a day can also be considered a weapon so be careful how you lay your rules down. I defiantly would NOT put that one in the prenup.

If you ever have kids come back and post on this thread. I bet you will feel differently.

You insight is amazing considering that your daughter isn't born yet. I would say that Kids are the best reason to get married.

Prior to having my son the only thing I cared about was my career, cars and money. My son has changed those priorities for me. People say - kids will completely change your life. People who don't have kids will never understand that while those of us who have kids completely understand it.

So of you you guys sound really bitter. I guess haven't been burned by some "psycho" so I don't feel that way.

You insight is amazing considering that your daughter isn't born yet. I would say that Kids are the best reason to get married.

Prior to having my son the only thing I cared about was my career, cars and money. My son has changed those priorities for me. People say - kids will completely change your life. People who don't have kids will never understand that while those of us who have kids completely understand it.

So of you you guys sound really bitter. I guess haven't been burned by some "psycho" so I don't feel that way.

Let's talk about psycho's. Why are psycho's always so attractive, and I don't mean just looks.

I had a live in psycho for a while. She was fun. :biggrin: She threw herself down a set of stairs at a family Christmas and screamed that I pushed her. Thank God my mother saw her do it. When she realized my mother had seen her she shut right up. LOL. A few weeks later she beat her head against the bathroom sink and told me she was going to call the police and say I beat her. I can still see her looking at me with blood on her face smiling with that evil look. She was a psycho. She was beautiful. I don't miss her one bit although I do miss being young and all that excitement, I wouldn't want it again. This is why I sympathize with people on this site who have been burned or are getting ready to be burned by that Assley girl. Cause there are only two type of people in her life, those who have been burned and those who are be set up for being burned. I know girls like Assley I dated her type for years.

As for the kid changing your life thing it is so true. I always thought it was a cliché but it's not. I can see how this is going to be really good. I CAN'T WAIT!! Glad I didn't have a kid with the psycho.

I am kind of opposed to the idea of marriage, especially when there really aren't many people left who can define what marriage is all about. So don't expect me to say "yay" for marriage, but I'll tell ya, I do know married couples who make it work well, never fight and show what good marriage really is. It depends on the couple. I've been burned a lot of times and so have most of my closest friends, which is where my distrust in marriage might be coming from. I'd personally be perfectly comfortable with being my girl's boyfriend for the rest of my life cause, marriage is just a paper to me.

So many people are divorcing these days (70%) that I now firmly believe that marriage is only a paper that lets one partner get the upper hand on the other. Usually, the upper hands is hers, because she can take your life savings, your moped, your NSX, your house and your dog in a heartbeat.

My advice is... If you're a womanizer - if you're a guy that dates hotties to show them off to friends - if you have a slightest bit of doubt or distrust - if you worry when she goes out with her friends.... Don't do it. Otherwise, if you're none of the above and truly love her and feel this is the right step to take... Do it!

I had a discussion with a close friend back in Denver about marriage. Her and I pretty much have the same opinion on it and came to a conclusion that most girls just want a big wedding without regard on who they're actually geting married to (in some poll I read, more wanted a big wedding than to be happy long term). Anyway, in the midst of the discussion, the reality hit me and I wrote the following piece as a prediction of what will probably happen to me down the road....

"I'll probably submit someday, sell a kidney to rent out a church and give some chick a wedding of a lifetime. Everyone will be there in fancy dress, drinking champagne and eating cocktail shrimp, laughing, catching up, cheering, the children will run around and knock shit over and my car is gonna get scratched up by old people and their walkers. You'd think that I wouldn't drive to my own wedding but that I'd show up in that shiny white limo out front. Nooooo.... she said her family gets to ride in the limo with her so she can show off and soak up all the glory she can, while I will have to squeeze into my tiny Chevy Aveo, which at that point will be some ten years old, with rich white smoke pouring in from every vent. Everyone will think that I came to my own wedding straight from a backyard barbecue. You would think I'd roll up in style, in my beautiful white NSX, but I failed to mention that she had me sell that the moment we moved in together, contrary to what she promised, and had me use the money to buy her a $25K kitchen, even though, like her mother, she can't even make toast. But it's OK... The wedding will go off without a glitch. I will sit at a table in the corner and watch this mess unfold, all alone because my friends were not allowed to attend because she said the liquor would cost too much and she would probably get embarrassed in front of her family. The dogs and cats will form an alliance that will eventually conquer the long desired wedding cake. The priest will socialize with everyone but me because at some point, she revealed to him that I had other partners before her. But it's OK... I will crack open a beer I sneaked in and give my self a toast. Here's to a good life buddy, you had a helluv a run. I will just wanna leave and go to McDonalds to get food. I don't eat fast food, but once I realize what just happened, I will slowly start killing myself. Bit by bit, day by day."

Lovely!

I am kind of opposed to the idea of marriage, especially when there really aren't many people left who can define what marriage is all about. So don't expect me to say "yay" for marriage, but I'll tell ya, I do know married couples who make it work well, never fight and show what good marriage really is. It depends on the couple. I've been burned a lot of times and so have most of my closest friends, which is where my distrust in marriage might be coming from. I'd personally be perfectly comfortable with being my girl's boyfriend for the rest of my life cause, marriage is just a paper to me.

So many people are divorcing these days (70%) that I now firmly believe that marriage is only a paper that lets one partner get the upper hand on the other. Usually, the upper hands is hers, because she can take your life savings, your moped, your NSX, your house and your dog in a heartbeat.

My advice is... If you're a womanizer - if you're a guy that dates hotties to show them off to friends - if you have a slightest bit of doubt or distrust - if you worry when she goes out with her friends.... Don't do it. Otherwise, if you're none of the above and truly love her and feel this is the right step to take... Do it!

I had a discussion with a close friend back in Denver about marriage. Her and I pretty much have the same opinion on it and came to a conclusion that most girls just want a big wedding without regard on who they're actually geting married to (in some poll I read, more wanted a big wedding than to be happy long term). Anyway, in the midst of the discussion, the reality hit me and I wrote the following piece as a prediction of what will probably happen to me down the road....

"I'll probably submit someday, sell a kidney to rent out a church and give some chick a wedding of a lifetime. Everyone will be there in fancy dress, drinking champagne and eating cocktail shrimp, laughing, catching up, cheering, the children will run around and knock shit over and my car is gonna get scratched up by old people and their walkers. You'd think that I wouldn't drive to my own wedding but that I'd show up in that shiny white limo out front. Nooooo.... she said her family gets to ride in the limo with her so she can show off and soak up all the glory she can, while I will have to squeeze into my tiny Chevy Aveo, which at that point will be some ten years old, with rich white smoke pouring in from every vent. Everyone will think that I came to my own wedding straight from a backyard barbecue. You would think I'd roll up in style, in my beautiful white NSX, but I failed to mention that she had me sell that the moment we moved in together, contrary to what she promised, and had me use the money to buy her a $25K kitchen, even though, like her mother, she can't even make toast. But it's OK... The wedding will go off without a glitch. I will sit at a table in the corner and watch this mess unfold, all alone because my friends were not allowed to attend because she said the liquor would cost too much and she would probably get embarrassed in front of her family. The dogs and cats will form an alliance that will eventually conquer the long desired wedding cake. The priest will socialize with everyone but me because at some point, she revealed to him that I had other partners before her. But it's OK... I will crack open a beer I sneaked in and give my self a toast. Here's to a good life buddy, you had a helluv a run. I will just wanna leave and go to McDonalds to get food. I don't eat fast food, but once I realize what just happened, I will slowly start killing myself. Bit by bit, day by day."

Lovely!

Sounds like your future sucks! If she wants a 25k kitchen tell her to get off her ass and get a 2nd job. As for the wedding, don't marry anyone who's father doesn't pay for the wedding. Renee picked out our wedding and he bill went to her dad who paid for it. I was pretty clear on that subject on the first date. I made everything pretty clear on the first date, no sense in wasting her's or my time.

!

Great advice myguitar....I'm 28 and dated my ex for about 7 years on and off. While the emotional attachment to my ex grew every year I was with year, my concern always centered around whether I could fully trust her. In the end, we split because I couldn't come to terms with her as my partner for life. There have been times I've wondered if I made the right choice, but this thread is making me realize that marriage isn't everything. Understandably it brings alot of happiness to many people, but the flip side is that it brings the same amount of grief and hurt to others. I guess I have to wait until I no longer become a womanizer and have the utmost trust and respect for my partner. Hopefully that day will come in my future.

Sounds like your future sucks! If she wants a 25k kitchen tell her to get off her ass and get a 2nd job. As for the wedding, don't marry anyone who's father doesn't pay for the wedding. Renee picked out our wedding and he bill went to her dad who paid for it. I was pretty clear on that subject on the first date. I made everything pretty clear on the first date, no sense in wasting her's or my time.

You let it be known on the 1st date, way to set your foot down!! :smile:

With my luck, I'll marry a chick from a poor, disfunctional family and her dad will only be good to ask me for beer money every other Wednesday!

Luckily, this is my twisted writer fiction. I'd be a fool to fall for that script!

Great advice myguitar....I'm 28 and dated my ex for about 7 years on and off. While the emotional attachment to my ex grew every year I was with year, my concern always centered around whether I could fully trust her. In the end, we split because I couldn't come to terms with her as my partner for life. There have been times I've wondered if I made the right choice, but this thread is making me realize that marriage isn't everything. Understandably it brings alot of happiness to many people, but the flip side is that it brings the same amount of grief and hurt to others. I guess I have to wait until I no longer become a womanizer and have the utmost trust and respect for my partner. Hopefully that day will come in my future.

Been there.... Some ppl I know, mostly women, think I'm a fool to give up on marriage this young, but you know, I survived cancer twice and I can't have kids. And to top it all off, I'm an awesome cook and I'm very anal about everything always being clean and shiny, so you see, I'd be bound to become a house bitch! Who wants that!?

I am kind of opposed to the idea of marriage, especially when there really aren't many people left who can define what marriage is all about.

The best person to define what marriage is all about for you is you.

So don't expect me to say "yay" for marriage, but I'll tell ya, I do know married couples who make it work well, never fight and show what good marriage really is.

The truth is: all couples fight; it's normal in a relationship. Some fight small and some fight big. The ones who look like they don't fight know how to manage a relationship and know how to work it out before anyone else has to hear about it. You won't see my wife and I fighting (arguing, really) in public, but in private, I've had a few high heels thrown my way. :biggrin: :wink:

Ok pls someone answer these questions:

1. With a good pre-nup, you can still get married without worry of getting fleeced. So, to me, the "I wouldn't get married since its just paper that can be used against you" argument doesn't hold much weight. Where am I wrong?

2. Why do guys give in? She wants you to sell your NSX? F*ck you. Why is it that you let yourself get whipped? That's your fault, not hers you know....

3. (philosophical) Think back to 9/11. Was your marriage bad then, or was it quite comforting during a difficult time?

4. (philosophical) Do you think, as I do, that America's prosperity for the last 25 years has been the demise of marriage? That is, *if* one of the upsides to being married is the whole "through good times and bad, sickness and health" thing.

5. (ironic) Women as a group have screwed themselves out of an institution that is far more important to them than for guys, by pursuing slash-n-burn divorce practices. Not even 20 years ago, in fact probably not even at any other time in Western history, would men have had such a frank "screw it it's not worth it" conversation. Important stuff..... :cool:

You won't see my wife and I fighting (arguing, really) in public, but in private, I've had a few high heels thrown my way. :biggrin: :wink:

LOL.....that hits close to home. One of my buddies had a visit with the E.R. after his wife threw a stilleto at him! :eek:

1. With a good pre-nup, you can still get married without worry of getting fleeced.

My opinion is, by proposing a pre-nup, you are assuming something will eventually go wrong in the marriage and you're showing distrust, which ultimaltely means that this marriage is... pretty much a joke. I knew guys in Germany who'd get paid to marry an immigrant woman so she can get a citizenship for herself and her kids and stay in Germany. Her family would pay a hefty price, while the guy would have her sign a pre-nup to make sure she doesn't take anything after she becomes German. That's my idea of pre-nup - fake!

5. (ironic) Women as a group have screwed themselves out of an institution that is far more important to them than for guys, by pursuing slash-n-burn divorce practices. Not even 20 years ago, in fact probably not even at any other time in Western history, would men have had such a frank "screw it it's not worth it" conversation. Important stuff..... :cool:

You put that soooo well! They get married, divorce, take all his shit and then go and try to get some young meat at a skanky night club without realizing that they are too old to be back in the dating game! You ever see that movie "Knocked Up"?
"We can have no, old and pregnant bi^^es up in this club!" :)

You put that soooo well! They get married, divorce, take all his shit and then go and try to get some young meat at a skanky night club without realizing that they are too old to be back in the dating game! You ever see that movie "Knocked Up"?
"We can have no, old and pregnant bi^^es up in this club!" :)

Watch Eddie Murphy "Raw" again. " HALF!!!!! " lol

Back