• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Giving Back to Japan Car Show & Meet 4/3

Japan Relief Gathering Car Show & Meet 4/3

5569173706_6e434c814d_b.jpg

Hey everyone, so we are putting together a show & meet here in San Francisco to raise funds for Japan in lieu of the devastation that has occurred there due to the earthquake, tsunami, and following radiation crisis. We have already secured a location and have vendors backing the show, with high hopes of attendees and participants, we hope to raise funds for Japan. We understand it is a bit of a late notice, but we have faith that everyone in the tuner community can come together for a good cause. I believe that the show will include models, music, food, prizes, and potentially awards. Additional information as follows:

What: Japan Relief Gathering Car Show & Meet
Where: Pier 30 Bryant & Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94107 (Red Java House)
When: April 3rd, 2011. Sunday 12PM-5PM (Roll-in at 9am)
Cost: $15 per registered car, $2 for all spectators. ALL funds will be donated.
Who: Everyone! All car groups encouraged to register. Tuner, Euro, Muscle, Low Rider, Bikes, etc.
Why: To rally together with our fellow car enthusiasts for a good cause and to raise money to aid in the relief efforts in Japan.

Registration Information
Please send registration payments to:
[email protected]

At the paypal screen, under notes:
please indicate your Group name, your full name and phone number, year and make of car.

Update: There will be open-registration on the day of the event, but it will require a donation of $20 (as compared to the pre-reg donation of $15) and will not secure that you will have a spot. (The capacity for the show is 300 vehicles). I would suggest pre-registering via the instructions posted above in order to secure a spot and guarantee that you will be able to park with your friends.

Direct Link to Event on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=107625672652174

5546969613_3c586fec81_z.jpg

The owner of Red's Java House was generous enough to let use use his lot free of charge. This is an amazing venue with a beautiful back drop of the Bay Bridge and right next to the water. There should be plenty of spaces available for all show cars and vendors, as well as a designated parking area for spectators.

For any questions or further information, please contact me at [email protected]
For registration and registration questions, please contact [email protected]
For vendor inquiries, please contact Thomas Do at [email protected]

Thank you all for your time and I really hope to see you guys out there!

REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED! WE ARE AT CAPACITY!

Attendees/Participants from NSXPrime:
1. WashabiS2K - Participant - Paid
2. nsxtaxi - Participant
3. LarryNSX - Participant - Paid for two NSXs
4. MikeC_587 - Participant - Paid
5. Ashik - Participant - Paid
6. Yawwn - Participant - Paid
7. Calexand (Chip) - Participant - Paid
8. CDX_NSX - Donor - Paid
9. yojack1 - Participant - Paid
10. s4play - Participant - Paid

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Mike is going, it's for a good cause too! :biggrin:

If so some stupid reason I can't make it, my money will!!! And oh yes, male models too? Let's not discriminate here. If not, James and Mike will have to fill in...

1. Brian / WashabiS2K - Participant
2. nsxtaxi - Participant

Last edited:
lol, let's see if Mike could throw on some speedos and wash cars at the event. We can even throw it up on the flyer (in the works). I'm sure all the teenage boys will form a line longer than the one at wekfest.

I'm in if The Wolf and Big Money are in. :cool:

BTW - How can we be assured the money collected will in fact be donated and to what group/organization are you donating the money?

We are setting up an online Pre-registration that will go directly to the American Red Cross. We have backing from various vendors and local businesses. We also are contacting various organizations that have ties with the Japanese American community here in the Bay Area. We have also spoken to Junior (wekfest) regarding the show and various sponsors. All of the funds are going directly towards charity and nothing will be profited by the hosts or event coordinators. Even the venue was generously donated for the show.

I should be able to make it.

2. nsxtaxi - Participant
3. LarryNSX - Participant

We are setting up an online Pre-registration that will go directly to the American Red Cross. We have backing from various vendors and local businesses. We also are contacting various organizations that have ties with the Japanese American community here in the Bay Area. We have also spoken to Junior (wekfest) regarding the show and various sponsors. All of the funds are going directly towards charity and nothing will be profited by the hosts or event coordinators. Even the venue was generously donated for the show.

awesome...thanks

talked to Mike today, looks like it's gonna be a GO! :biggrin:

2. nsxtaxi - Participant
4. MikeC_587 - Participant

updated with information regarding registration. Please do not send in your paypal payments just yet as we are still in the process of finalizing minor details for the event. I will update this thread with any and all information regarding the show as soon as I receive word. thanks!

Sounds like a great event to benefit an even greater cause! I see a lot of these car shows popping up to raise money so this is a good sign :)

I should be able to make this one but have you guys checked the weather forecast? Lately it's not exactly car show material.

I may bring the s2000 if it's ready in time instead

Update!

To register your car, please paypal: [email protected] with the following information:

*Select GIFT when submitting paypal*

Single registration:
Name
Cell phone #
Car information: year/make/model

Group registration:
Group name:
Contact person name:
Cell phone #
Group size:

Registration closes MARCH 31, 2011!

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I think its quite commendable that an effort to put together a charity car show in approximately two weeks, with the intention to raise money to aid in the relief effort in Japan is something to take notice of. Therefore, I am asking my fellow NSX enthusiasts to show their support by either registering (send payment of $15.00) to be a part of the charity car show or if you are unable to attend, to please send a donation.

The traction that the team has garnered in just a few short days, by obtaining a location and as of this post over 15 sponsors is quite inspiring.

I hope that the Bay Area NSX Community and everyone else across NSXPrime will show their support and be a part of the Japan Relief Gathering.

To register your car or if you just want to make a donation, please paypal: [email protected] with the following information:

*Select GIFT when submitting paypal*

Group registration:
Group name: NSXPrime
Contact person name:
NSXPrime screen name:
email address:
Cell phone #
Group size: 15, maybe more

Unable to attend Donation

I am unable to attend the Japan Relief Gathering, but have made a donation to aid in the relief effort in Japan.

Registration closes MARCH 31, 2011!

In addition to the required information on the list below, please indicate "Paid" when you have submitted a payment of $15.00 for registration or indicate "Donation" if you are unable to attend, but you have submitted a donation.

Thanks in advance to all my fellow NSX brothers and sisters.

Attendees/Participant/Donor from NSXPrime:
2. nsxtaxi - Participant

2. nsxtaxi - Participant
5. Ashik - Participant

1. Brian / WashabiS2K - Participant - paid
2. nsxtaxi - Participant
5. Ashik - Participant

updated with new flyer with more up-to-date information regarding the event and its sponsors.
updated with information regarding open-registration on the day of the event.

I am happy to participate in this worthy cause. Do you think it will be ok if I hang with you guys with the R8 instead of one of the NSX's? I did register with the NSXPrime group.

2. nsxtaxi - Participant
5. Ashik - Participant

Registered, and also sent to a few friends outside the NSX community to suggest they bring their Ferraris (2) and Lotus (1).

2. nsxtaxi - Participant
5. Ashik - Participant
7. Calexand (Chip) - Participant - Paid

If so some stupid reason I can't make it, my money will!!! And oh yes, male models too? Let's not discriminate here. If not, James and Mike will have to fill in...

2. nsxtaxi - Participant

We want to have a successful Charity Car Show, so you don't want me to be one of the model's. Although, I can't speak for Big Money, BM, might take the show over the top... Thanks for your support, please update the list after you submit payment.

I'm in if The Wolf and Big Money are in. :cool:

BTW - How can we be assured the money collected will in fact be donated and to what group/organization are you donating the money?

Young Jedi, go ahead and submit your $15.00 or more if you would like to this great cause, then add your name to the list. may the force be with you :biggrin:

I should be able to make it.

2. nsxtaxi - Participant

Thanks Larry for your support. Please update the list after you have submitted your $15.00.

2. nsxtaxi - Participant
5. Ashik - Participant

Ashik, thanks for your support. please update the list after you submit your payment of $15.00

I am happy to participate in this worthy cause. Do you think it will be ok if I hang with you guys with the R8 instead of one of the NSX's? I did register with the NSXPrime group.

J, Thanks for your support, this is a worthy cause which is why I agreed to help out as one of the volunteers. I committed to 15 NSX's to attend the show. I am certain that your R8 will be a welcomed addition to the show. The only thing I can think of, is to have a friend drive your NSX and register your R8 with NSXPrime.

Registered, and also sent to a few friends outside the NSX community to suggest they bring their Ferraris (2) and Lotus (1).

Chip, Thanks for your support and for spreading the word.

2. nsxtaxi - Participant
5. Ashik - Participant - Paid

Its going to be tough to make this one. I'm on a business trip all week and get back late Saturday. Plus the NSX is still in track attire and a little dirty.

I just realized you committed to 15 so if you got 14 Saturday night I will be the 15th.

Its going to be tough to make this one. I'm on a business trip all week and get back late Saturday. Plus the NSX is still in track attire and a little dirty.

I just realized you committed to 15 so if you got 14 Saturday night I will be the 15th.

YJ aka Young Jedi... as much as I would like to have 15 NSX's there, I would like it more to see the NSX community (those who are unable to attend) support this event by making a donation and adding their name to the list as a donor.

I presume your business trip is top secret, so I won't ask. Have a safe trip...

Here is the latest updated flyer for the Japan Relief Gathering. The traction this has garnered in 8 days has been off the charts. If you are able to attend please submit payment via paypal as stated in the previous post. Or if you are unable to attend a donation would be greatly appreciated for this worthy cause.

Thanks,

Mike

5569173706_6e434c814d_b.jpg

Last edited:

1. Brian / WashabiS2K - Participant - Paid
2. nsxtaxi - Participant
4. MikeC_587 - Participant -
Paid
5. Ashik - Participant -
Paid