• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gonna be @ Vandenburg AFB Aug 3rd

I'll be in the area all day on thursday august 3rd. Anything wonderous happening? Car meet? Meet up? I just will be at vandenburg afb job hunting for a couple hours, like pre-noon, then from there I'll be free. Let me know if anyone else in the area is free and wouldn't hanging out for a little while.

yep, this weekend. Friday to sunday. A vacation isn't a vacation when you go "home", more like a pain in the @ss. So I'm gonna disappear from my family for a couple days. I posted a little something else up in this region too.

Well the ventura county fair just started. Its not that long of a drive from vandenburg. you just missed the Salsa Festival in Oxnard this past weekend. Fiestas are starting this week in Santa Barbara I believe.

There's several NSX'ers in Ventura County. I'm sure Mike aka Mojorator wouldnt mind hanging out if he's not busy. we're both in the Ventura/Oxnard area. Anytime/John is in the area too. I could bring my VR4 friends along too, have a mini meet. I'll make some calls and see what i can work out. you can reach me at (805)200-6100

Herman

forget everything else...it's FIESTA in Santa Barbara..fantastic food,dancing,etc. it's the second biggest party in the US after Mardi Gras. started today at noon...parade is friday as most all buinesses close at noon that day(except all the bars of course!) and it's right down the block from VAFB

also the thought of a mini-meet on thurs evening would be fun..say where and when...how about gelato/cafe' in Montecito?

Hell anything sounds good :) I don't feel like going all the way to oxnard at the moment though. Supposed to be a day trip from merced/fresno. Was hoping to stay north of Santa Barbara, but hell! I'm flexible. This Fiesta thing sounds kick ass!

Oh for me, it's gonna be a Thursday thing, since Friday I'll be in Merced, then that afternoon, Monterey or Santa Cruz. Then Figured Santa Cruz to bay area saturday, Sunday something else for the day. Who knows. I'm just trying to enjoy my vacation time :)

I can make it an over night thing. I just gotta budget a lil tighter. We'll see :)

I changed my outlook on the NSX, from Garage queen, to Road Queen :)

well the weather here is AMAZING. I miss it so much. Perfect overcast and cool, followed by perfect breeze, cool w/ sunshine :) And boy do I even need to mention the women? LoL.

Well my job hunt on VAFB was rather fruitless. My connection wasn't available and so I'm still unemployed and uncertain as to where to look next. Soooo it's about 4:38pm pac time. Thinking maybe it's time to slowly mosey on back to fresno/merced??? I'll spend some time in pismo and SLO before I ultimately hit the road and get home.

Thanks for the effort folks :) Better than nothiing and you just can't beat driving the NSX along our beautiful cali coastline :)

well that was a rather nice day. Sucks I got NOTHING job hunting accomplished but did have some a good day. Ran across a black C5 on my way from vandenburg to pismo. At first, I kinda just was gonna cruise by at my usual speed of 10 mph over but as I passed I noticed some sort of weird emblem on the right rear bumper. When I looked in my mirror, he had a funky hood. So I went into the slow lane, he crept up, I looked at his fender, couldn't make it out, slowed, looked at his bumper, and I made it out "Mallete" w/ the mallet pic in their logo. Rolled up next to him, gave him a thumbs up. And I saw him drop from 6th into 3rd I think, and romped it. I think he spun 3rd+ gear at 70 mph. LoL pretty cool. Slowed down, gave the grins, and we rolled our own way.

Then in Pismo, the car got more attention than pamela. Too bad it was a sausage fest that always happens around the car. But that's the norm. I think I pick up more women in my stock 93 ranger and 94 ranger p/u than anything flashy or fast that I've ever owned.

Now the best part of the drive, HIGHWAY 41 between the highway 46 and the 101. The short 25 miles jaunt or so. I averaged about 70 mph, with my top speed being kept down to a conservative 70. After all, it's the corners that makes this car SO damn amazing. Loved it. I did get a funny feeling making 2 corners though. The road heaves upward about 2 feet in rise, then immediately there would be a hard turn. Talk about interesting, because you'd go over the rise, crank the wheel over, and there would be a dead pause for about 1/2 second, then a scratching of the tires, then it'd grab and pull away. Really cool. One hell of a way to cut 25+ miles off a trip AND have lots of fun AND have a much higher average speed AND avoid all that nasty highway 46 traffic! I passed maybe 5 cars going to pismo and maybe 5 coming back!

I also encountered what I thought was a P boxster on that same streth of 41. It railed the corners great, but had no acceleration power. It was the latest MR2. Not bad, not bad at all. Just needs like an extra 75+ hp.

Back