• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good-Bye and Thanks to All

For those of you that haven't heard, I sold my NSX at the end of Dec. I loved that car. It was a 94 Black and Tan Auto. I made the mistake of racing it. Which got me hooked on racing. And unfortunately, that led to me wanting to win. While the NSX is a truly great car, it's not an autox car - at least for championships. Even with the auto tranny it held its own with the other cars though, but it just wasn't nibble enough to thread those needles on course to take the gold.

After extensive research, I ended up buying a 95 BMW M3. By all accounts, it should be the perfect car to win a national championship in SCCA B-Stock Class. I've slapped a Borla muffler on it, a set of double adjustable Konis, a Ground Control front sway bar, a set of CCW racing wheels, and a high-flow air filter. And that's all I'm allowed to do. But we get to run R compound tires in this class. The Kumho v710s are THE tire to run. They are smoking the Hoosiers by a wide margin.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for a truly great time in NSXCA. I made some good friends and met a lot of great people. You guys (and gals) rock! And I thought NSXPO was a once in a lifetime experience. Every minute of this whole time was worth it. I sincerely thank you all.

I may lurk about for a while and if there's anything I can still help anyone with, let me know.

And if any of you are truly interested in racing your car, come on out. The one thing about competition: you have to learn your car. And learning your car makes you a lot faster.

BTW...... I have a set bronze Volk TE-37s for sale 17x7.5 fronts and 17x9 rears, they clear the calipers on 95+ but you need spacers for 91-94. Great wheels. $1000

Good Luck All,

Tom

Tom-
Good luck with SCCA. I'm sure you'll do well. Plan on bringing that beamer to the next NSX auto-x for the open class! Would love to see you there.
Mark Stepp

good luck tom!
don't be a stranger!
:biggrin:

Back