• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good old ALLAN racing a Zo6

NetViper said:
Yes, but in that article that Diablo 6.0 only ran 11.8/120.9MPH.

So basically after 10 years of advances and HP increases, the 6.0 is slower than the 91 you posted..:confused:

How many times have you seen me post that their was not much difference between my 92 and my SV.

There were alot of advances, suspension, brakes, power steering, nicer interior, hydro front jacking, 4 wheel drive, and that all adds weight.

ALLAN said:
How many times have you seen me post that their was not much difference between my 92 and my SV.

There were alot of advances, suspension, brakes, power steering, nicer interior, hydro front jacking, 4 wheel drive, and that all adds weight.

Too bad the 92 interior had that double decker gauge cluster. That was HORRID.

I like the 6.0 interior far more..

ALLAN said:
No i wouldnt be impressed. Id be impressed if it ran 140mph in the 1/4.
If enough rubber were under it, and the chassis were re-enforced enough, it would be real close to a 140 trap. If you were to read the FX thread, you'd see that the 11.3 time was a coast finish where the driver mis-shifted, going from 3rd to 2nd, instead of 4th. They coasted (so to speak) accross the line @ 11.3 with some bent valves.

I'm not a drag guy, but mid 10 sec 1/4 from a 6 cyl NSX iwould be pretty impressive in my book. Combine that with the NSX being a very nice road course car and it's even more impressive.

Anywho, I got some good laughs from the Z06 guys defending their honor (or whatever it was that they were defending). Z06, nice car, and there's no shame in losing to Allan's Diablo. Damn that car is fast.

As to the Diablo not being a road course car - who cares. If I owned one, it wouldn't be because I wanted something to track. ;)

Additionally, I am somewhat shocked to see some humility from Allan in posting his 355 times. He could have hid them. I would have! :p :D

The 355 is certainly capable of much better times than i ran. The slipperyness of the track really hindered it, and everyones times are slower here. If you saw this hokey track youd laugh. Realize their is nothing here on Maui. I did race the 355 against the Z06 from a roll, and 1-2-3-4, the 355 can hold the Z06 off. Top of 4th, the Z06 pulls in front. I ran my old Nsx in 110 degree Arizona heat at 14.00@ 101. The 355 is MUCH faster.

As for the Nsx that ran 11.3 coasting through, that means nothing about Mph. They can run 10's at 125. Thats not fast, for what it has done.

ALLAN said:
As for the Nsx that ran 11.3 coasting through, that means nothing about Mph. They can run 10's at 125. Thats not fast, for what it has done.
I'm fairly certain that a mid 10 run from the FX car will trap very close to 136. Mine is certainly stiffer than theirs, so I'd imagine I'd have a better shot than they (driver's being equal). But like I said, it means little to me. I'd be more interested in something like the roll-on where you had fun with the Z06.

And, yes - I know the 355 is faster then what you did. Just having fun at your expense.

This thread has changed a bit for the better. :D Not as entertaining, but not as insulting either. Hats off to this community for all that it has done to keep this site free of trolls.

I can't agree more,,,But some regulars like to feed them,and that gets predictable results:rolleyes: Right Dave;)

docjohn said:
Right Dave;)

How unfair of you john :)

My point of the thread was to show Allans car toasting a Z06. I had no intention of getting into a NSX vs. Z06 battle. I know what the outcome would be.

Now I want to see Genes car run against the diablo :)

Its quite fair of me,you have honestly expressed your opinion numerous times that you enjoy Allans exciting and provocitive style and wish he posted more,but his posts and the replies get everyone tooooooo cranked up,even got me going,and I know that this is not, I repeat not that kind of website.There are plenty of other sites that revel in flaming-benchracing.:)

docjohn said:
Its quite fair of me,you have honestly expressed your opinion numerous times that you enjoy Allans exciting and provocitive style and wish he posted more,but his posts and the replies get everyone tooooooo cranked up,even got me going,and I know that this is not, I repeat not that kind of website.There are plenty of other sites that revel in flaming-benchracing.:)

I do not mind provacitive comments, but I don't like the name calling stuff..

NetViper said:
Now I want to see Genes car run against the diablo :)
We both know that will never happen, but it sure would be fun...

KGP said:
We both know that will never happen, but it sure would be fun...

Good Lord Gene, what are you getting done to your car? :)

jlindy said:
Good Lord Gene, what are you getting done to your car? :)
Haha. Jeff, you must not spend much time in the FI forum.:D Actually, it's done. A few details here.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Woah! That thing is going to be able to go 1.21 jigawats. Really it must be nice to be able to accelerate fast enough to deprive your brain of blood for a short period of time. You go boy!:D

Obviously anecdotal evidence, but the Diablo VT I drove *felt* like it was doing 0-60 in the mid to high 4s at best, and the fact that it will go near 70 in first gear helped (e.g. not having to shift).

Also, watching the Diablo in the Best Motoring Jan 2000 Supercar battle exposes its issues in terms of being a track car.

The Mercialago and Gallardo seem much improved, although in one of the latest Best Motorings the NSX Type R was cornering better (but obviously losing in the straights) against a Gallardo. I still need to get the DVD with the 360 CS vs the Gallardo.

Was also watching a recent La Mans race in Ohio and they had a Mercialago in the GTS class dueling it out pretty well with a Saleen S7. Briefly saw one Ferrari 360GT, but I don't think it was his day.

Back