• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got the dreaded smog test letter in the mail...

Always get chills when I see one of the DMV envelopes peering back at me from my mail box. This morning, sure enough, 'registration dues and smog cert required'. The car is 'track only' now days so its rather a pain in the ass to get it all back to sniffer sepc. Ive got to swap back for stock seat so the tech can climb in and out- remove the diffuser and swap back in the stock exhaust and cats. Then I gotta find a stock ECU or a ZIF tuned chip with the stock tune and cross my fingers. Does anyone have or know someone that may have a stock ECU or stock tuned ZIF chip, and maybe a set of OEM cats..? I'm not 100% on the condition of the 'highflow' ones that came on my car better safe than sorry.

Can you just do "Planned Non-Operation"? You'd have to trailer your car to the track though, can't be caught driving with that. You can get 1 day driving passes though if you need to move it from storage facility to storage facility, or to a mechanic..

I ended up finding my old dinan chip and reflashing it with the stock map, just removed the bumper and diffuser together and threw on the stock exhaust and cats and new 02's i had laying around. I ended up driving to the smog place sans bumpers on the front and rear and a totally disassembled interior with one stock seat held in by 2 bolts, dude looked at me like I was nuts- but I think hes getting used to the weird stuff I bring by. I did a 2-3k rev for 10 min and put it right on the rollers. Passed all good with flying colors and drove the 1/2 mile home.

Back