• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GPS Navigation in US NSX??? Why not??

Just wondering why the Japan version of the NSX has an awesome GPS Nav system and they never brought it over to the US. Can this be modded? Wouldn't that be cool???

You're right, the Honda option was never available for any market with the exception of the Japanese market.

It IS going to be available soon!!!

Click here: http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com and go to "products".

-- Chris

Originally posted by bearcat:
Just wondering why the Japan version of the NSX has an awesome GPS Nav system and they never brought it over to the US. Can this be modded? Wouldn't that be cool???

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

scienceofspeed,
Do you have any more pics of that screen display? From what I can see it looks like its a center dash replacement piece???? How much is it, just the console part. I get Alpine stuff at cost because I work part time at a stereo shop.

More information and photos are now posted. As of now, the center console will only be available with the SoS Navigation System product.

Launch and availability upcoming, check back frequently for this and othe cool NSX products!

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Chris, did you think about making a second center console option for people who want to add an aftermarket radio + the nav. system.

I tend to think people who'd add a nav. system are probably also looking to upgrade the audio system.

Also, will it come in black?

Other than that, it looks awesome.

Chris, do you by any chance have more pictures of the NAV system? While the more frontal pic at your site looks good, its hard to evaluate how much it protrudes on top.

Very cool stuff!

[This message has been edited by rquintero (edited 31 January 2001).]

The display pod is only available with the nav product currently, as the display pod is imported from Japan, and is in low supply. There is a gentleman who modifies the center console for around $300. The nav product comes in black, the silver pictures are of my car's dash repainted.

Look for more photos and info this weekend.

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Back