• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Graduated High School in 91 The Year of the NSX

OK fellow NSX owners. My name is Scotch and this is my story

I just graduated High School in 1991 and on my way to graduation I saw this beautiful red machine drive down the road in Sun City, AZ. I did not know what the heck kind of car it was. It was just a red blurr driving down the road. I asked around to find out what the car was and nobody knew what I was talking about. Mind you this was the days way before the internet so I couldn't just do a search for what I saw. For months I asked around and nothing. Right before leaving for college I saw it again at a gas station in Scottsdale,AZ. I drove up to the car and there it was. A Acura NSX. My jaws dropped as I got closer to it. I was barley 18 with no clue in the world what I was going to do in my life except for that I would own this car someday. 5 years of college (out of sight of of mind for the NSX) Right? Wrong!!!! There I was in Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff. As some may not know Old route 66 goes through Flagstaff. On a bright sunny saturday afternoon hanging out on Route 66 a band on 7 NSXs drive through town. Holly cow!!!! 3 red and 4 black NSXs driving by. I guess on that fateful day every NSX owner in Arizona decided to band together and take a little drive like Forrest Gump decided to go for a run. Oh Yeah they filmed part of that movie in Flagstaff that same year I saw all those NSXs. My NSX dream was refueled and made me study harder so one day I could get that Job which would intern afford me my Dream Car. Well Sixteen Years Later The conditions were right to get it. I saw my dream NSX in a autotrader for the right miles on it and it was bone stock. It was just like the one I saw 16 years ago. Red with a ivory interior. I bought me and my girlfriend's ticket and flew to Seattle to buy it sight unseen. Sight unseen you might say? You must think I'm crazy (so did my girlfriend) but when I talked to the seller who was the first owner of the car and told me about it and how much he babied the car. I just knew I had found the NSX of My Dreams. The 1500 mile drive back to Phoenix is one memory I will cherish forever. Part I-5 and PCH highway route was the best. What a way to become one with the car on that route back. Driving down PCH in my NSX with my beautiful girlfriend in the passenger side. It just doesn't get any better than that. Thats whats dreams are made of. It brings a tear to my eyes everytime, seeing it parked in my gargage. To see pictures of my car you can see it on this address.
myspace.com/scotchzion

Thanks for listening.

Now a member of the Elite NSX owners.

Last edited:
Nice writeup. We graduated HS same year and I wanted a NSX then too. I knew it'd be a few years b4 I would get one but all I had was an 82 Accord at the time though.

Your car prob has an "ivory" interior though if its a 91. :biggrin: :wink:

Welcome aboard :biggrin:

Jonny

Very nice... truly a great gift after all the waiting you did. Cherish it and "DRIVE" it. :)

Grats on the new toy sir! :biggrin:

Funny, I always thought I graduated high school in "The Year of the NSX"...but I did so in 1990. I don't mean take anything away from your story, this is simply an amusing observation since it affects my personal NSX ownership timeline. :D

Congrats on your fine purchase and welcome to the community!

Congratulation, I know how it feels :). I had a similar experience as well. The only different is that I graduated in 1990.

By the way, the white interior that you mentioned is called "Ivory".

Happy NSX-ing,

Nat

Congrats! I graduated '92 and I've always wanted the nsx, and the 300zx. Of course, I went through two 300zxs on 96', 97 before I finally got mines this year.

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy it.:smile:

Interesting story. Yup you are right. That's what dreams are made of.

Congrats! from a '90 graduate with a simalar dream... :wink: :cool:

Nice story and congrats on owning a spectacular car!

I graduated from High School in 1994 and just completed my half way around the world journey for my beautiful 1991 Black NSX. Love the car and can't wait for it to arrive!

Jetpilot

In 1991, I was just set foot in the US of A in Oregon. Moved to Seattle in 1992 and and got a job at a grocery store (@ 15 yr old). One day I was out in the parking lot collecting shopping carts and stumbled upon this brochure. It was a NSX brochure with a red NSX pictured in it. That day on, I told myself that one day I'd own one. Looking back that day, It was love at first sight...:biggrin:

Congrats on your dream car. It's wonderful to share such story as yours.

Grats. I too graduated HS in 91. I remember reading about the NSX in the car mags in 1st year uni and I distinctly remember the first time I saw one.... a beautiful silver one while driving to school one morning. It was so low, so wide, so sexy. Truly there was nothing else on the road like it besides the over-the-top F-cars and Lambo's of the day.

Great choice and may you and your NSX have many great miles.

congrats and welcome. i graduated in 91 and i was was fortunate enough to car the car of my dreams in 2003 for my 30th birthday. enjoy!

Back