• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 6 - December 6, 2013 on PS3

Got the game and the promo code for the extra cars. Am I the only one that can't figure out were to input it. Found one spot in GT store under input code but my code is not the right format.

I got it. Its amazing. Buying my NSX tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the game and the promo code for the extra cars. Am I the only one that can't figure out were to input it. Found one spot in GT store under input code but my code is not the right format.

On the playstations main menu, go over to where you can go to the playstation store and all of that. Go to account management. Redeem codes.

Took me a while to figure it out too.

Couple things bugging me.

1. No next license button. So I have to exit and select the next one.
2. Driving line is WAY too dynamic.
3. Have to hit start button to exit replay
4. Maximum PP for races. If I want to spank the CPU with my 1000HP car... why not let me?

After reading some of the posts on this thread I felt compelled to buy it regardless of the fact it's not on PS4. My hardly functioning PS3 is holding on. In any case, I agree with the posts I didn't read prior to purchase. It's really almost identical. The first thing I saw was that the NA2 NSX said 276 HP like the NA1's. Anyway, I am about to play for a while but off the intro, I don't see too much ground breaking changes considering the decade of development.

I guess I'm just not super impressed. I am sue I will enjoy it all the same. The whole need to re-hook up the PS3 is what urks me more than anything else...

My expectations were just too high I think. It's basically just a light refresh of the previous one. I am surprised that none of the things that needed work got fixed. Load times are still slow. Difficulty picking cars for races (mild difficulty). I am noticing the view you prefer doesn't hold (I like to look at the car myself because it's usually an NSX...). It's just a bit odd to me. Still fun though.

I was half expecting that, based on what I've seen from 3 --> 4 --> 5. The franchise really needs to advance itself not just in "graphics" or "features" but it needs desperately to appeal to the gearhead segment of its fan base. I want cam swaps, durn-it!

uploaded video of a few laps on willow springs after i picked up the nsx. pretty fun so far, nsx sure does feel better compared to GT5 thanks to the new suspension and tire modeling.

Looks nice, but the engine Sound is wrong to my ears. Were you blipping on the downshifts or was the game doing that?

And yeah... Nice green wheels :)

Does anyone know if I can buy the extra pak that came with all pre ordered games? I bought mine here on a US base in Germany, and no extra paks were included. I wants me some more cars.

Looks nice, but the engine Sound is wrong to my ears. Were you blipping on the downshifts or was the game doing that?

And yeah... Nice green wheels :)

yah they really really need to improve on the engine sounds, i'm manual shifting in the game but not blipping the throttle so it's coming from the computer.

lol yah the green wheels actually are stock, they added a few more volk wheels and some in crazy colors

Could it be after market exhaust?

I considered that before posting........ Anything is possible but from my own frame of reference, I had an HKS with no cats and CT headers and it was obnoxiously loud (and amazing sounding). But nothing like the deep throaty sound of the one in this video clip. Nor have I heard anything like this at any of the many NSX events I attended.

I am inclined to disagree with some of you about the game.
To me it seems that the load times are greatly reduced.
Also after having played GT5 for hundreds of hours even up until GT6 came out, GT6 has far superior graphics, and the vehicle dynamics are better. It feels and looks much more real.
I also love the new menu set up. I can access my garage, change cars, tune cars, and modify cars from any screen. There are also far more options when it comes to modifying and customizing the cars.
My only two gripes are that the PREMIUM and STANDARD cars are not clearly labeled. (I only use in car view so I desire premium only). And that when you pull up the list of eligable cars for the race, it excludes ones that could be made eligable by changing tires or reducing power etc.

Thats it though, everything else is a huge huge improvement. I am in awe that they were able to get graphics like that out of the PS3.

If anyone wants to race I'm Poofables.

I still want the downloadable content cars!!

The promo codes I got required you to put them in on your PlaySTation Network account online. Here are the steps sent to me:

Step 1: Visit http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action
Step 2: Log in with your PlayStation Network information, if necessary, and click "Redeem Prepaid Card"
Step 3: Enter your promotional code, click "Continue" and then "Redeem code"
Step 4: Your code will be available when you next use your PlayStation 3 console
OR
Step 1: On your PlayStation 3, create a PlayStation Network account (or login using an existing PlayStation Network account)
Step 2: From the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB, select the PlayStation Store
Step 3: Click the "Redeem Codes" icon located on the upper right of the screen
Step 4: Enter your promotional code and follow instructions to download

The promo codes I got required you to put them in on your PlaySTation Network account online. Here are the steps sent to me:

Step 1: Visit http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action
Step 2: Log in with your PlayStation Network information, if necessary, and click "Redeem Prepaid Card"
Step 3: Enter your promotional code, click "Continue" and then "Redeem code"
Step 4: Your code will be available when you next use your PlayStation 3 console
OR
Step 1: On your PlayStation 3, create a PlayStation Network account (or login using an existing PlayStation Network account)
Step 2: From the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB, select the PlayStation Store
Step 3: Click the "Redeem Codes" icon located on the upper right of the screen
Step 4: Enter your promotional code and follow instructions to download

I also saw last night that there is a place to enter them in the game thought the options menu.

I am inclined to disagree with some of you about the game.
To me it seems that the load times are greatly reduced.
Also after having played GT5 for hundreds of hours even up until GT6 came out, GT6 has far superior graphics, and the vehicle dynamics are better. It feels and looks much more real.
I also love the new menu set up. I can access my garage, change cars, tune cars, and modify cars from any screen. There are also far more options when it comes to modifying and customizing the cars.
My only two gripes are that the PREMIUM and STANDARD cars are not clearly labeled. (I only use in car view so I desire premium only). And that when you pull up the list of eligable cars for the race, it excludes ones that could be made eligable by changing tires or reducing power etc.

Thats it though, everything else is a huge huge improvement. I am in awe that they were able to get graphics like that out of the PS3.

If anyone wants to race I'm Poofables.

Can you elaborate on that, please? What can you do the car to improve performance that wasn't available in GT4 or 5? Cam swaps?????? :tongue:

Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 12/10/2013, By End of Day

Too bad I can't install the damned thing until the night of January 16th!! My son already saw the ad for GT6 that shows up when you power it on. Sigh......
Maybe I could give him GT6 for Christmas and just hold back the Playseat until his birthday.........

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't even picked up my copy of GT6 yet.

That said, I hooked up a PS3 and one of my wheels (my oldest...the Driving Force Pro) at work...and brought a copy of GT5 so I can get some practice sessions in during meal breaks or long compiles.

Back